Anybody else notice WIFI not as sensitive?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WLS, Jul 13, 2008.

1. WLS macrumors 65816

Upgraded to ver2. Strangely the number of WIFI sites my touch can see is a lot less now. Before I had 3 sites around me now I have 1.
    Whats with that?

2. Jelite macrumors 6502a

3. mrmarky macrumors member

funny you should say that I have the exact same problem

4. Andre08BR macrumors newbie

There's definitely some strange, new behavior. Mine would connect to my network, but was unable to open any page. I "forgot" the network settings and configured it again, same problem. Then, after a few minutes, it decided on its on to finally work with the network again.

And yes, I was also able to see additional wifi networks before the upgrade, now I can only see my own.

5. seeny macrumors regular

same here

6. Wicker macrumors regular

And same here unfortunately...

7. balwx macrumors regular

my connection has been spotty also. It doesn't seem to happen all the time.

8. bmat macrumors 6502

I've had to turn off wifi a few times to reaccess my network. Never happened before.

9. fake1009 macrumors member

i am pretty sure this is true. A week ago ( before 2.0) I stood at one spot and was able to access a network with a two bar connection. Yesterday (2nd day of 2.0) I stood at the same spot and was unable to access the network! I could only see it with one bar!

10. David G. macrumors 65816

I must be really lucky because for me it feels like everything downloads much quicker for me. Also when I wake from sleep it automatically connects to my wifi network, I no longer have to go into Settings > Wifi and pick my network to make it connect.

11. robecq macrumors regular

robecq

I just bought an iPhone 3G. The wifi on the phone will only pick up the 2closest connection points. But the touch on version 1.14 get nearly 10 wifi hot spots and they are sitting next to each other. Is it the machine (iPhone Vs. Touch) or the os version.