Anybody else really excited about IOS 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Jul 30, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Seeing as i won't be getting the iphone 5 this year i'm really looking forward to ios 5 and all the extra features.

i currently never have notifications on but will use the features this time around for this new look notifications center.

will be interesting if apple do make the battery life better as there is no doubt not having notifications on right now helps my battery life by a good margin.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

nope! :rolleyes: there are tons of threads in this forum talking about every 5.0 beta features etc. there are people excited about every update. and of course there are a ton of people looking forward to 5.0

3. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

they wont improve the battery, if they do then what reason would they have for u to buy the iphone 5, think my friend, think.

4. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

As a matter of fact I'm not excited about iOS5. Notifications don't affect me much and the rest seems only like minor updates. If this is all Apple has to show for all this development time, shame on them.

5. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I haven't even watched the keynote I have no idea what is coming, so I guess that's a no.

6. Bloodraw850 macrumors 6502

Bloodraw850

I'm very excited :D haven't tried any betas are seen anything since the keynote

7. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I get notifications all the time (mostly SMS, but there are others in there). So for me, I'm most excited about iOS 5 just for that feature. The rest of the features are just added bonuses :D

8. gahwhatever macrumors newbie

not trying to be snarky, but how can notifications not affect you?

even if you don't text, get e-mail or calendar reminders, or use apps (in which case a smartphone may not be for you), you still get calls and voicemail, right?

9. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Eh, I have the Beta, and the "NEW" factor has worn out for me, so I'm excited for all the bugs to be worked out, but other than that, it's nothing special for me, unfortunately.

I am grabbing the iP5 tho, so i'm pumped for that. I hope it's more than just a faster, newly designed iP4. I want some major upgrades :)

10. MagicMouse macrumors regular

MagicMouse

I'm excited! I think I am more excited about what iOS 5 + iPhone 5 will deliver though. I'm ready and waiting for iPhone 5 and I feel like the new phone and OS will blow me away. I have the 3GS right now and more than ready to get to even iPhone 4 but being smart and waiting.

11. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

You have more self control than me, sir. I have to update every year.

12. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Not saying they're not important, just not enough for me to get excited. I'm jailbroken and have had access to notifications for a long time (as well as all the other things Apple doesn't have yet). I just think Apple is resting on their laurels. And if the next iPhone is just a warmed over iPhone 4, doubly so.

13. MagicMouse macrumors regular

MagicMouse

Yeah, I get itchy, haha! I just hope this new phone is not another "S". I got on the iPhone bandwagon a few years ago and since it was so close to the next release I waited, for what felt like eternity, and then.... S is for speed! wooo.... I was annoyed by that release but of course bought it becasue there is no way I could wait another year.

14. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Man, if Steve gets up there at the keynote and holds up an iPhone 4 with a 5 stamped on the back of it... I predict the honeymoon will be over.

What they don't realize is that all this delay has people expecting/wanting more, and after all this time to not have a new design (or larger screen)... I mean, how much faster does the iPhone need to be? There comes a time where you have ever diminishing returns. Personally, I could give a crap about a faster processor and the camera is still the best thing out there.

Well, as has been said, they'll sell millions either way.

15. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

I know, Apple really needs to just give up complete re-designs every year if they wanna stay competitive IMO. the same looking phone for 2 years won't go over well in this market. Especially with 10 android phones releasing every year.

16. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

It's all about quality not quantity.

17. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Im not really excited about "iOS 5" its self..

Im more excited about the MANY MANY possibilities it opens up for the jailbreak dev.

We are going to see some VERY VERY interesting things once iOS 5 gets released and properly jailbroken!!

I personally cant wait for Notification Center tweaks (say the appswitcher, SBSettings, notifications are all grouped together!!! UNIVERSAL APP SWITCHER AWYE)

Or over the air jailbreaks?? Its a possibility!

18. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

Most excited about the peripheral things associated with iOS 5 - iCloud and iTunes In The Cloud, specifically. To go untethered and be able to get my music anywhere there's wifi will be wonderful. Being able to do so with previous iTunes purchases right now is pretty great, can't wait to use iTunes Match for the rest of my collection.

Even better will be the eventual Spotify-like capability that MUST be on the horizon. There's no way Apple is not working on this for sometime in the not too distant future, if it's not something that's going to be unveiled this fall.

19. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

I'm looking forward to notifications and iCloud but that's about it. More than anything I think Apple needs a theme store, or at least they should offer a few different stock themes to choose from. The look and feel, while I love the way it operates, is just getting a little stale IMO. Maybe that'll be the big thing in iOS6.

20. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

100% agree. Nothing like setting your own theme to give your phone that personal touch. Jailbreakers have had this for years.

21. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Oh I 100% agree, but that doesn't mean the techie in me doesn't want to see a complete redesign every year. It keeps people buying in my opinion. More people are gonna buy the iPhone 5 than the iPhone 4s.

Just my $0.02.

22. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

I'm excited to iMessage with other people when it releases. But since I'm on the beta, I'm used to the new features. Now I just want an untethered jailbreak :D

23. mrockm01 macrumors regular

mrockm01

I am so excited for iOS 5 that I have already found/made like 50 SMS/Email tones :D