Anybody else suffering from "the wait" right now?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by DaSal, May 23, 2008.

1. DaSal macrumors regular

So I just ordered my mac pro at the beginning of the week. It will be my first time having a desktop Mac, and my first new desktop PC in about 4 or 5 years. I've been enjoying using my Macbook for about a year or so now, but I'm finding that for a lot of the work I do (Photoshop, InDesign Logic and looking to get into After Effects more) the Macbook does suffice, but it's a little bit painful to work on sometimes, especially working on bigger more demanding projects, I get quite a bit of down time from waiting and from beach balling and stuff.

Either way, so I decided to lay down my vacation money (I wasn't going on vacation this year anyway:rolleyes ) to buy a Mac Pro. They said it's going to be delivered on or before May the 26th, but sigh, I'm still hoping it'll arrive on Saturday maybe, but I doubt it. It would be nice since it's been kind of a tiring week and it would be nice to get it in the weekend, when I can just set it up in peace and maybe play some games (yes, SHOCK HORROR I know!:eek:) and stuff, without having to worry about setting it up as quickly as possible so I can get back to work.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anybody else is suffering from "the wait" with me? It's always good to talk about it, you know ;) Can't wait to find out if it's really as blazin' fast as people say it is...:cool: It better be though it ain't cheap!;)

Current status: May 21-22 (Sitting around doing nothing in CORK :mad ) May 23 (Arrived in Northampton Hub, apparently sitting around doing nothing again :( )

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I though balling on the beach was a good thing? :confused:

I'm suffering from a different kind of wait - permission from my wife to shop for an MBP!

3. krye macrumors 68000

krye

I hear that.

4. DaSal thread starter macrumors regular

Well, if it was the real ball & beach kind, then yes...;) I meant the OSX beach ball of death! ;)

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If it helps, when I ordered mine on 4/30 it was here that following Monday. 5 days ahead of schedule. However, I only upgraded the video and added wireless. Nothing fancy.

6. DaSal thread starter macrumors regular

Well that's what I did! Anyway, I doubt it'll arrive earlier, but we'll see, it would be nice if it was here in time for the weekend though.

How are you liking yours?:) No problems, I hope?

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

None at all, but I don't bother reading the forums about every little creek or whirl from a fan. It works perfectly and I love it.

8. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

Actually, little-known-fact, Mac Pro's are programmed to assess your personality and your work ethic; if they don't like you, or feel you're not working hard enough..... like, I don't know, doing something crazy like playing a game or two on a weekend when you could be spending that time working ..... they self-destruct and take out most everything in the room with them.

Just a heads up

P.S., I hear they're fast.

;)

9. DaSal thread starter macrumors regular

I must bow down to the will of the Mac...:apple:

*starts worshipping*

10. youngestchild macrumors regular

yes! my partner has just bought a mac pro, ordered from a reseller on thursday night... was told to expect 10 days turn around (500gb harddrive, wireless card)... so three days down and 7 more to go... hope digidesign pull their finger out and update their protools LE system to be 10.5 proof soon... or else the shine of the new mac will be slightly tarnished by having to use an external drive booting 10.4.11, ah! :(

11. afsammie macrumors newbie

I'm actually suffering from the opposite of 'the wait' right now. I came across a great deal and ordered a new in box Mac Pro for less than 2400 after tax and shipping. I immediately regretted it and tried to cancel, but it shipped right away and arrived in two days!
    It's sitting in the box in my living room since Friday, and I'm trying to decide whether or not to return it. I'd been saving up, and was planning on getting a Nehalem whenever they came out, as my Macbook is getting me by for now, but the deal was too good! Not to mention WWDC in two weeks. I don't know what to do: stick to my plan or suck it up!

Actually, no. In the course of typing this, I realized how stupid I sound. I'm going to open it tonight and be happy with it.

12. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

If the wait for the Nehalem Mac Pro counts, then I'm feeling the wait.

13. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

Lol..... watch Neph come out the next day, before WWDC :D

14. DaSal thread starter macrumors regular

The wait is over! Wooo! Almost done setting it up :D

Man, the the thing is HUGE though. Didn't think it'd be quite this big...;):D

15. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Ive been waiting since last tuesday for my 30 ACD to come and compliment my MP. I have an old POS Samsung 213T right now and I need to give it back to the wifey for her MacBook. I cant wait any longer! C'mon Wednesday!!!!