Anybody else think the new trackbad is completely intuitive?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MVApple, Nov 4, 2008.

1. MVApple macrumors 6502a

I'm on my way to becoming a new mac user (UPS should deliver this friday). Something somewhat strange happened to me with the new trackpad while I was at Best Buy testing it out though.

Being a windows laptop user, I'm used to using either a mouse or a two button trackpad. It took zero time for me to feel comfortable with the new macbook pro's touchpad though.

And here's the strange part.

After using the macbook pro for 10 minutes, I went to go play and compare with the windows laptops and without thinking when I started using the trackpads I tried to click as if I was still on the mbp's trackpad. Immediately after I realized my mistake of course.

I've used the old large one button trackpads while playing with apple notebooks before and it felt just slightly awkard to me (being a windows user). To me, theres something about having one big button with a designated right click that feels completely intuitive and I'm impressed.

2. goobimama macrumors regular

Totally! The trackpad couldn't get enough praise. In fact I wrote about how awesome the new trackpad is on my blog. The very fact that they got rid of the button is totally bizarre. Who would have thought!

3. Pneublet macrumors member

I love a lot of things about my new MBP, but the trackpad is probably my favorite part

4. AquaMethod macrumors member

I've always thought the trackpads were one of the strongest parts of Apple hardware. The scrolling is so much easier than it is on a PC laptop, and right-clicking is quite intuitive. I like MultiTouch too, but the new trackpad has given me a little trouble. Maybe it does take a little adjusting, or perhaps a software update. But it is such a cool idea.

5. 7even macrumors 6502a

Using a PC touchpad feels so .. limiting now. They're so small. I constantly try to 2-finger scroll on them and even on regular touchscreens haha. Also I keep wishing I had an equivalent of a 4-finger swipe Expose when working with my PC at home :D

6. isethx macrumors regular

my fingers would never use another trackpad :) love it

7. Ironic macrumors 6502a

Ironic

8. Red-red macrumors 6502

Completely agree.

I generally hate trackpads and I was expecting to always be using a mouse, but I haven't used one at all yet. General computing the trackpad is brilliant and I'm so used to using both my hands on the trackpad that I don't think I could go back to using a small, single input PC and no doubt when I do have to use one for what ever reason I will try to do commands I do so often on this.