Anybody else waiting for 10.6.1?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Khryz, Sep 7, 2009.

  1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

    Jan 7, 2007
    I got my SL package on Day 1 but haven't upgraded yet because I really didn't want to deal with any problems yet. I feel like waiting until 10.6.1 especially since we already have gotten news that it's been seeded to developers (correct me if I am wrong).

    Anybody else doing the same?
  2. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a


    Dec 27, 2008
    im using the excuse that i have no money at the mo to wait for 10.6.1 i didnt actually realise that SL was even out, i had been on holiday, and hadnt checked MR in a while. Now that i have waited this long, i may as well continue waiting lol :)
  3. acurafan macrumors 6502a

    Sep 16, 2008
    waiting to 10.6.3 at least on my whitebook and production machines. it'll give 3rd party time to update their software.
  4. creon macrumors 6502

    Mar 19, 2009
    I'm always waiting for an update and 10.6.1 isn't any different.
  5. electroshock macrumors 6502a


    Sep 7, 2009
    No, I'm not waiting for 10.6.1. I've already updated Flash to the latest version, and I don't have any current issues with SL.

    10.6.1 doesn't seem like a major update (aside from the Flash upgrade) -- take a look in what's coming in it:

    I'll install it when it comes out, naturally, but I don't think it'll be the end-unto-itself that some people -- in general -- thinks it may be. :)
  6. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

    Sep 24, 2008
    Boon Docks USA
    I yanked SL off to a external until 3rd of 4th update comes out. To many issues but that was expected with any new OS. Apple is starting to rush things and should have waited until other programs were updated to work without problems. The new quicktime should have had a pro version released at the same time too.
  7. hyperpiper45 macrumors regular

    Dec 11, 2007
    Calgary, Canada
    Honestly i haven't experienced any problems with SL. I don't think there is any need to wait unless there are specific programs that are not compatible and you need them, otherwise go for it.
  8. jpma macrumors 6502

    May 31, 2009
    I'm waiting for 10.6.1, as mention might not solve my current problem.

    right now I'm dropping of 10.6 for
    1, Rss problem on mail
    2, screen blinking every 5min or so.
    3, expose sometimes doesn't work right
    4, won't stop when you use 4finger slide for app switcher while leopard always stop at both corner.

    maybe 10.6.2 or 6.3 will fix all this.
  9. heatmiser macrumors 68020

    Dec 6, 2007
    I got 10.6 and regretted it almost off the bat. I never upgrade immediately, since Apple can't make anything bugfree on the first try, but for some reason, I forgot this with SL. I was on the verge of upgrading to 10.5.7 (yes, for me, it would have been an upgrade) when I found a program I liked and decided to stick with 10.6 for the time being. Hoping 10.6.1 brings a reasonable file size calculation metric back to Finder.
  10. alleycat macrumors regular

    Mar 23, 2008
  11. iPoTmon macrumors newbie


    Mar 23, 2009
    You have any heat issues? When you upgraded flash?
  12. IBradMac macrumors 68000


    Jun 27, 2008
  13. yoyomaster macrumors regular

    Apr 5, 2009
    I'm waiting also because 10.5.8 is doing very well for me right now and I don't really feel like dealing with any problems.
  14. macnfab macrumors regular


    Aug 5, 2009
    NorthEast IN
    I am hoping they make 10.6.1 a little more battery conservative.. but other than that I have no other issues:D

    anyone know when it may be released?
  15. Surely Guest


    Oct 27, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well, I haven't received the copy of SL that I ordered from Amazon last week, but even when I get it, I'll probably still wait until 10.6.1 is released until I install it.

    Same thing I've always done....
  16. Tmlcky macrumors newbie

    Feb 6, 2009
    MacOs 10.5.8 is just perfect to me, so my SL Dvd will be sleeping in a drawer until most of bugs are fixed in 10.6.1, .3, .5, etc, I can wait, why not?
  17. michelleke macrumors newbie

    Feb 12, 2007
    I'm waiting for .1, i still remember the trauma of upgrading from 10.4 to 10.5, blue screen, losing a lot of stuff, stress :(. I was so trusting that nothing could possibly go wrong. :(
    Otherwise i'm waiting for flip4mac to have a stable SL release. And i have my fingers crossed my old as dirt photoshop 8 will work.
  18. Magaman macrumors regular

    Aug 14, 2009
    Knock on wood everything has been fine. The only minor issue is Flip4mac's new version for SL isn't great, large wmv files have a lot of stutter to them.
  19. scaredpoet macrumors 604


    Apr 6, 2007
    On the contrary, there re a lot of developers that aren't part of the Apple Developer Connection, and thus couldn't/wouldn't update their programs until SL was released. Most of the developers who had access to the beta builds prior to release already updated their programs. As for the rest, the issues would be the same no matter how long Apple waited.

    Not to mention there are just some things (64-bit support, multiprocessing, OpenCL) that some developers cannot or will not move to until Apple pushes them to. The OS needs to stay modern, and that's SL's primary goal.

    I don't think there's going to be a Pro version of Quicktime X. No matter anyway, Quicktime Pro 7 stays in the utilities directory when you update.
  20. Magaman macrumors regular

    Aug 14, 2009
    I must have had a brain fart earlier, totally forgot about reinstalling VLC to a minute ago, wmvs play fine in VLC

Share This Page