Anybody else waiting for 10.6.1?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Khryz, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

I got my SL package on Day 1 but haven't upgraded yet because I really didn't want to deal with any problems yet. I feel like waiting until 10.6.1 especially since we already have gotten news that it's been seeded to developers (correct me if I am wrong).

Anybody else doing the same?

2. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

im using the excuse that i have no money at the mo to wait for 10.6.1 i didnt actually realise that SL was even out, i had been on holiday, and hadnt checked MR in a while. Now that i have waited this long, i may as well continue waiting lol :)

3. acurafan macrumors 6502a

waiting to 10.6.3 at least on my whitebook and production machines. it'll give 3rd party time to update their software.

4. creon macrumors 6502

I'm always waiting for an update and 10.6.1 isn't any different.

5. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

No, I'm not waiting for 10.6.1. I've already updated Flash to the latest version, and I don't have any current issues with SL.

10.6.1 doesn't seem like a major update (aside from the Flash upgrade) -- take a look in what's coming in it:

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/09/03/some-details-on-first-mac-os-x-10-6-1-seed-build-10b503/

I'll install it when it comes out, naturally, but I don't think it'll be the end-unto-itself that some people -- in general -- thinks it may be. :)

6. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

I yanked SL off to a external until 3rd of 4th update comes out. To many issues but that was expected with any new OS. Apple is starting to rush things and should have waited until other programs were updated to work without problems. The new quicktime should have had a pro version released at the same time too.

7. hyperpiper45 macrumors regular

Honestly i haven't experienced any problems with SL. I don't think there is any need to wait unless there are specific programs that are not compatible and you need them, otherwise go for it.

8. jpma macrumors 6502

I'm waiting for 10.6.1, as mention might not solve my current problem.

right now I'm dropping of 10.6 for
    1, Rss problem on mail
    2, screen blinking every 5min or so.
    3, expose sometimes doesn't work right
    4, won't stop when you use 4finger slide for app switcher while leopard always stop at both corner.

maybe 10.6.2 or 6.3 will fix all this.

9. heatmiser macrumors 68020

I got 10.6 and regretted it almost off the bat. I never upgrade immediately, since Apple can't make anything bugfree on the first try, but for some reason, I forgot this with SL. I was on the verge of upgrading to 10.5.7 (yes, for me, it would have been an upgrade) when I found a program I liked and decided to stick with 10.6 for the time being. Hoping 10.6.1 brings a reasonable file size calculation metric back to Finder.

10. alleycat macrumors regular

11. iPoTmon macrumors newbie

iPoTmon

You have any heat issues? When you upgraded flash?

12. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

13. yoyomaster macrumors regular

I'm waiting also because 10.5.8 is doing very well for me right now and I don't really feel like dealing with any problems.

14. macnfab macrumors regular

macnfab

I am hoping they make 10.6.1 a little more battery conservative.. but other than that I have no other issues:D

anyone know when it may be released?

15. Surely Guest

Surely

Well, I haven't received the copy of SL that I ordered from Amazon last week, but even when I get it, I'll probably still wait until 10.6.1 is released until I install it.

Same thing I've always done....

16. Tmlcky macrumors newbie

MacOs 10.5.8 is just perfect to me, so my SL Dvd will be sleeping in a drawer until most of bugs are fixed in 10.6.1, .3, .5, etc, I can wait, why not?

17. michelleke macrumors newbie

I'm waiting for .1, i still remember the trauma of upgrading from 10.4 to 10.5, blue screen, losing a lot of stuff, stress :(. I was so trusting that nothing could possibly go wrong. :(
    Otherwise i'm waiting for flip4mac to have a stable SL release. And i have my fingers crossed my old as dirt photoshop 8 will work.

18. Magaman macrumors regular

Knock on wood everything has been fine. The only minor issue is Flip4mac's new version for SL isn't great, large wmv files have a lot of stutter to them.

19. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

On the contrary, there re a lot of developers that aren't part of the Apple Developer Connection, and thus couldn't/wouldn't update their programs until SL was released. Most of the developers who had access to the beta builds prior to release already updated their programs. As for the rest, the issues would be the same no matter how long Apple waited.

Not to mention there are just some things (64-bit support, multiprocessing, OpenCL) that some developers cannot or will not move to until Apple pushes them to. The OS needs to stay modern, and that's SL's primary goal.

I don't think there's going to be a Pro version of Quicktime X. No matter anyway, Quicktime Pro 7 stays in the utilities directory when you update.

20. Magaman macrumors regular

I must have had a brain fart earlier, totally forgot about reinstalling VLC to a minute ago, wmvs play fine in VLC