Anybody else waiting for Otterbox Cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by S1njin, Jun 29, 2010.

1. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I know I am. I've had good experiences w/ their products. Unless somebody else is doing pretty much what Otterbox does, I find myself waiting every day for some news on when I can give them some of my money. ;)

2. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

Same here, I actually emailed them today asking if they had any ETA on these cases. I want one badly. I'm still waiting for their iPad cases too...it's been a while now.

3. S1njin thread starter macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Wow, if the iPhone case takes as long as the iPad case we're going to be waiting awhile. Which kinda sucks - I didn't think it could take particularly long.

4. S1njin thread starter macrumors 6502a

S1njin

The Incipio and CandyShell cases look a lot like Otterbox cases - I wonder if I'm wasting my time waiting for Otterbox .... ????

5. NeonGreenHermit macrumors regular

I have two Otterbox cases for my (now sold) 3GS - a commuter and a commuter TL. They were utterly fantastic, and the port covers are an ingenious idea. HOWEVER. The renders for the iP4 cases look hideous, and don't offer sweet colours.

As with the iPad, expect a looooong wait, and even longer if you're wanting different colours. It's a shame really, as I already budgeted for an Otterbox and hoped for one to be released for launch week.

As it stands, unless the commuter case gets a makeover with colours, it's a bumper for me. Also, the metal buttons on the bumper are a cool idea.

I'm also waiting for the iPad commuter to comes out... I can feel my beard growing....!

6. jmike314 macrumors member

Last report was ~2 months for the OtterBox cases.

7. S1njin thread starter macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Screw that - too long.

8. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

I called Otterbox yesterday. He said it wont be available for a few months. The vibe he gave was longer then the 2 months I initially thought it would be.

How is the protective screen on the defender? I know its built in to the case, does it get dirty and annoying like the Zagg IS?

9. matthewou macrumors newbie

I had no idea that the wait would be 2 months. I'm walking around with a naked iphone hoping to wait no more than a week or so. I can't wait 2 months. Pure craziness. I just passed down my 3g to my wife, i bought her the commuter case and she loves it.

10. Octane19 macrumors member

I bought a throw away silicone case off ebay for $5 while I wait for Otterbox to release their cases. I can't wait 2 months. I might have to go in another direction for now.

11. dels macrumors member

Looking for a temp case until Otterbox can get their product out there.

12. S1njin thread starter macrumors 6502a

S1njin