Anybody even the slightest bit thinking about Pixel 2 vs iPhone X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Starfyre, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Starfyre, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017

Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

I just read about how Google will be announcing the Pixel 2 on October 4. This is probably the one thing good about Apple delaying the launch of the iPhone X. If the Pixel 2 has an all screen display like the iPhone X does, or does something in a way that is nearly bezeless (maybe even more slim than the iPhone bezelwise?) and does not have a tab at the top, then it just might be worth getting over the iPhone X.

What is everyone's thoughts on this? Anyone even considering it over the iPhone X or the 8, 8+?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

They are two completely different platforms. It really comes down to android versus iOS. Even with the hardware differences, the preference is lies within what somebody wants in terms of the software experience.

3. palmerc2 macrumors 68000

palmerc2

I can see the marketing slogan now....

"Pixel 2: Notchless"

4. Strelok macrumors 6502a

Strelok

Not even slightly. I'll check out the Pixel 2 when they release it through YouTube videos and reviews, but I don't think I would ever go back to Android for my main phone. Maybe as a secondary one to play around with.

5. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

6. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

Thought I saw pictures of the Pixel 2 with bezels.

Anyway, it should probably be compared to the iPhone 8, not the X.

Unless it is bezel-free, which would make things very interesting. But I'm pretty sure it'll have bezels..

7. cnotes2019 Suspended

Per rumors pixel 2 may share same form factor as before and the pixel 2 xl may be slim bezels. I'll have to see them both. I was planning on buying all iPhones plus v30 plus both pixels and maybe the new Moto but may slim down to all iPhones v30 and the pixel 2 xl

8. tann macrumors 68000

Pixel XL 2 is what you're probably looking for. See LG V30, likely will look quite similar to that.

Pixel 2 is rumoured to be a similar bezel to the pixel 1.

9. Brentyfresh macrumors newbie

Brentyfresh

I got the Google pixel 2 xl and it is the best phone I have ever had and I had zero problems with it