Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GregUofMN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2003
I ordered a replacement bottom case assembly for my 15" Powerbook FW800 through APPLEPALACE.COM in the middle of last week. They have my credit card info and when I log in to my account info, it says that the order has yet to be processed because they are trying to verify my credit card info and as a result haven't shipped the case.

I've sent them emails wondering what's going on but no reply. Has anybody ever delt with them and had problems or good things happen? I'm a little worried because I've never had a problem with my credit card and I really need this bottom case to replace the busted one on this machine.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Greg

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I've never heard of them. You might want to check w/your credit card company to make sure no extraneous charges have been added to your account.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
GregUofMN said:
I ordered a replacement bottom case assembly for my 15" Powerbook FW800 through APPLEPALACE.COM in the middle of last week. They have my credit card info and when I log in to my account info, it says that the order has yet to be processed because they are trying to verify my credit card info and as a result haven't shipped the case.
I've sent them emails wondering what's going on but no reply. Has anybody ever delt with them and had problems or good things happen? I'm a little worried because I've never had a problem with my credit card and I really need this.

Middle of last week -- that could mean Wednesday PM, right? and it's Sunday now.... so it could be they have had the order for only 2 business days. Don't panic. It is not reasonable to assume they will return your calls or emails on a weekend.

Not specifically about this vendor, but in general: If the address you gave for shipment is different from the billing address that your bank has for you, many sellers won't ship until they have additional verification of identity. Or if your bank doesn't answer the phone to verify your address, or if you slipped a digit when entering your card number or expiry date, that could delay because they can't process the charge.

The domain was registered in Nov, 2004, and the business (Computer Graphics and Networking) is a registered Apple dealer at that address, 2335 WESTWOOD BLVD LOS ANGELES, CA 90064 according to Apple. So I don't think this is a scam business.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I was unable to find them in resellerratings.com, but that isn't a bad/good thing at all. Their phone number is (310)-441-4769 I would give them a call on Monday, if they're closed then try Tuesday. They're in Los Angeles, is that close to you? I would certainly not try to e-mail them about this, email replies may take twice the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.