Anybody ever use Cross Over?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Vocalities, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Vocalities macrumors newbie

I got Cross Over so my girlfriend could play Heroes of Might and Magic III. Now we own the game, but when I try to use it nothing happens.

Meaning, I open Cross Over, go to open, and choose to open Heroes.exe and nothing happens at all.

I'm not sure what I'm not doing.

Help?

2. Pirson518 macrumors newbie

I believe that there is a menu to where u can upload a game on to a list and then run it from there.

3. Vocalities thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I mean I know how the program itself is supposed to operate...the problem is when I go to load said game...nothing happens. It just goes to my recently loaded applications and that's it. Nothing pops up or changed or anything.

4. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

Have you run through the Crossover install process with the game? i.e. created a bottle and installed HoMM3 under Crossover. If not then it won't run. If so then try running it on a desktop -- manage bottles>*bottlename**>winecfg>graphics>Emulate a virtual desktop. From what I've read, no ones yet got it working properly so don't hold your breath. The far more modern HoMM 5 is available for OS X.

5. Zortrium macrumors 6502

Don't know why people are having problems -- Heroes 3 works flawlessly for me in Crossover. Didn't even have to go through any install process or settings tweaking -- I simply copied over the folder with all the game files and double clicked the .exe and it ran.

6. Mrbill317 macrumors regular

Heroes 3

I am running Heroes 3 with no problem. Pretty much you need to create its own bottle with the crossover installer.

7. flashcrosma macrumors newbie

to crossoever

i wanna use becker's cpa review passmaster software in mac os without getting those dam $400 cost of fusion and windows os, could this education software be run through crossover?

8. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

^^you can download a free time limited version from Codeweavers' website and try it.

9. jparshall macrumors newbie

10. pprior macrumors 65816

Anyone run the original C&C series on this? Yuri's revenge, and those? I have PC versions, and my son would love to play these networked on our macs.

11. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

^^some will, some won't, you can check compatibility here (although they are sometimes wrong).
    Download the free trial version of crossover games and try them, otherwise it's bootcamp I'm afraid.