Anybody exchange their 7 for a 7 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mar12, Sep 28, 2016.

1. mar12 macrumors member

If so, any regrets? Was it worth it?

Been thinking about doing the same. Those portrait pics look really cool :)

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I have the 4.7 iPhone 7 and orders a 7 Plus. I think the new portrait mode is a huge seller for the Plus model. If your into taking Amit of pictures, I think it would be worth it.

3. mjb59463 macrumors 6502

I'm about to do the opposite, exchange my 7+ for the 7.

I'm not a huge picture taker despite having this cool camera, and after 2 years with the Plus model, the footprint of the device has become extremely annoying for me to deal with.

I may reverse course once I use the 7 for a while, who knows.

4. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

I pre-ordered and picked up my 7 on launch day. I had a real dilemma deciding between the 7/7+ when ordering, but decided to go with the stock 7.

It's a great handset, but even when I was picking it up, I said to the girl in the store that I wasn't ruling out bringing it back and swapping it for a 7+.

To be honest, if it wasn't for the 7+ shortages, I reckon I may well have ended up swapping it by now. I'm kinda concerned that after my 14 days return period lapses this Friday, I'm going to be left with a niggling doubt that I have the wrong phone.

Still, there's always next year, when hopefully they'll have done something about those big bezels, lol! ;)

5. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

I did the same myself on Saturday and have been very happy with the 7. I had forgotten how nice it can be to have something more compact and that I can use with one hand.

6. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

I also downsized after two years with the plus. The physical size of the device had gotten annoying, and the screen was never big enough to offer an experience that approached using an iPad. Apple adding OIS to the camera and improving the battery life on the regular 7 sealed it for me. Thrilled to have the more manageable size again!

7. mjb59463 macrumors 6502

What sort of battery life are you getting?

8. theiphoner macrumors member

theiphoner

I'm just back from the Apple Store returning a 7 for a 7 plus, no regrets... yet The size takes a bit of getting used to but it's not as bad as I was imagining, it's a bit heavier but nothing to worry about, seems to fit in my pockets ok.

Still to play about with the camera etc but so far I'm pretty impressed

9. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

I'm getting around 8 hours. Not as good as my 6S+ but I knew that coming in. It's still plenty to get me through the day and I have yet to finish a day below 30%. I imagine I'll probably have to top it off on the charger for 30 mins if I'm planning a late night out, but that doesn't happen all that often anymore. Must be getting old!

10. mjb59463 macrumors 6502

that isnt too bad at all. Looking forward to getting the 7!

11. Chele macrumors member

Chele

I did this last week. I pre-ordered the 7, never even considering the plus size. I knew that I wanted the 7, no question. However, coming from the 6S to the 7, it wasn't a huge difference. I knew that coming in but kept thinking about the bigger screen. Luckily, the local Apple Store had the exact plus model that I wanted in stock and I was able to return the 7 and get the plus. I couldn't be happier! I love my plus and don't regret returning the 7. I do hope next year, the screen size stays the same, but the bezels get shaved down. I'm still thrilled with mine though and glad that I made the switch.

12. mar12 thread starter macrumors member

Went and played with the 7 plus at an apple store and decided it wasn't worth it. I'm really happy with the 7!

Thanks for the input guys!