All iPads Anybody find retina text *harder* to read?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bjjp2, Nov 13, 2013.

1. bjjp2 macrumors regular

I bought a rMini and I'm comparing it to my gen 1 Mini. The text on the rMini is definitely sharper. But it also seems *smaller* (looking at a variety of websites) to me and thus harder to read. The settings are the same on both. Is the size of the letters actually smaller with the retina display? Anybody else have this problem?

2. enkrates macrumors newbie

3. laff macrumors newbie

Kind of...

This has to do with iOS 7 a little...but you can go into the settings and make text bold as well as change size of text.

I noticed this a little on my iPad Air...but similar on Retina Mini...of course my aging eyes does not help either..

4. bjjp2 thread starter macrumors regular

Bold is on for both. Thanks.

----------

Serious question: does higher resolution affect font size at all?

5. technopimp macrumors 6502a

Nope, text is much clearer and easier to read on my retina Mini than my first gen. In fact, on most web pages I found myself zooming in a bit because of the fuzziness/blurriness of the test, now I don't have to.

6. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

Well since the Air and rMini have the same resolution, it does make sense that text on the Air would be bigger than text on the rMini

7. woodynorman macrumors 6502

I noticed the same thing yesterday while comparing them side by side.

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

No, compared to the orginal Mini the text should be the same size, only sharper. Are you comparing at the same zoom level?

I found myself pinching and zooming a lot with the mini, mostly because of its smaller screen. But the text at the same size should be sharper and easier to read.

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Anyone found a nice thick steak harder to enjoy? :D

In all seriousness, it might just be your eyes.