Anybody get their Tom Bihn Brain Cell 4Z for MacBook Pro Late 2008?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by steffi, Nov 20, 2008.

1. steffi macrumors 6502a

I've got a Tom Bihn Brain Bag and I was hoping the Vertical Brain Cell 4Z would be a good match but because my Brain Bag is quite old it's not possible to anchor this Brain Cell in my bag. So I might have to consider other options.

Is there a neoprene sleeve that comfortably fits the Late 2008 Model MacBook Pro's? Perhaps I'm too early in my expectations right now.

2. HI-madhatter macrumors newbie

mine was just shipped last week. should be coming in any day now. and i also have a brain bag that it will be going in.

3. steffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm coming from having been Horizontal with my Brain bag and overall it's been a good experience but I'm not so sure I'm looking the vertical because there's no room for the Snake Charmer anymore. Also there doesn't appear to be anyway to anchor the Brain cell in my Brain bag and I think that's going to be an issue compared to the way things were before.

4. jwang392 macrumors newbie

jwang392

Same here. I have a Snake Charmer as well and also coming from a Horizontal Brain Cell. Unfortunately, the new 4Z Horizontal won't fit in the Brain Bag.

I'll post pictures and more info when I receive it. Hopefully, then my information will be more useful for you.

5. eba macrumors regular

I think it's awesome that this sentence apparently has meaning for some people.

6. jwang392 macrumors newbie

jwang392

7. steffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did you have the Brain Bag with snaps or clips then?

I have the older Brain Bag with the snaps and so the 4Z cannot be attached to the bag and I agree that not having a place to rest the Snake Charmer above the Brain Cell is a pain. So overall the utility offered by my Brain Bag has been reduced. I'm going to return the Brain Cell and I've already ordered the Waterfield sleeve which I think will be more than adequate for my needs.

8. jwang392 macrumors newbie

jwang392

Yes. My Brain Bag has the Annex clips. They're actually removable, so I just moved them from the bottom straps to the top straps and it clips just fine to the vertical. I'm liking it so far. I just put the Snake Charmer in the other compartment for now.