Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ozarkchoir

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2008
Handbrake

The new one ripped it just fine for me. Open your DVD player up and figure out what title (not chapter) it is playing. Then go to Handbrake and from File go to Open Source Title Specific. Type in the title your DVD player was playing and go from there.

Hope this helps.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Had the same problem myself. Found the answer on the HandBrake forums.

Make sure you've got the latest (and I mean LATEST version — meaning beta) of HandBrake and instead of scanning the whole disc as the Source, go to File and choose "Open Source (Title Specific)". Choose the title that is the main feature (it varies by disc).

To find which title you need, open the DVD Player.app and start watching the movie. Go to the "Go" menu in the menu bar > Title > and take note of the title # of the movie. Select that number in HandBrake and it should rip fine! :)

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
Note on HB 0.9.4 : if you are in the normal open source window ... if you hold down option while clicking the " Open " button it will bring up the title selection sheet so you can input the proper title you wish to scan.

cantthinkofone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 25, 2004
Missouri, USA
I got it to rip with MakeMKV, the video looks good, but the audio is all kinds of messed up. It jumps and skips. Have to re-do it tonight i guess. Don't have the disk with me.

trip1ex

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2008
Figure out what title Apple's DVD player is playing and rip that. I think I used HB 0.94.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
The new one ripped it just fine for me. Open your DVD player up and figure out what title (not chapter) it is playing. Then go to Handbrake and from File go to Open Source Title Specific. Type in the title your DVD player was playing and go from there.
By the way, for future reference Disney does this trick for every DVD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.