Anybody got sky go app?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by The Game 161, Aug 30, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Those in the UK

Simply brilliant. The fact it works on 3G is also impressive

Watching sky sports news and ESPN at home whe the other half wants to watch something else is perfect.

2. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

We have Sky go in Germany and it works well. The app had many bugs at first but now it works very well. it isn't the same app as in the Uk but has the same name :)

3. anthdci macrumors 6502

ive also got it. its really good, but the annoyance is whenever a notification appears it stops playing. Hopefully iOS5 will fix this.

4. Andy Ftw macrumors regular

Yes it's great :)

I'm glad they allow you to stream on 2 devices at once now, but with 6 people in my family, laptops, phones.. Yet only 2 registered devices at one time, I don't see the logic in that?

Fair enough, 2 streaming at once makes sense, but why only 2 registered as well? I wish it was about 8, saves having to keep on managing the devices everytime someone else wants to use it. And there is a certain limit (which they won't even disclose) to the amount of times you can manage your devices within a month.

But nonetheless, the thing itself is pretty awesome, just my only complaint ;)

5. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

That's good that it is a available in other countries.

6. MagnusF macrumors regular

I used to live in the US, but now i live in the UK, i hate the fact that i cant get the app in the US store :mad:

7. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

Works fine for me, notifications in iOS 5 don't appear to interrupt playback. I think the 2 device limit is reasonable, as people are likely to give non-Sky subscribing friends their log-in for free viewing. Although it won't let me use it on my iPhone as I already have 2 devices registered which is odd as I've only got it installed on one iPad and one iPhone. Assuming something got mixed up with iOS betas/restores etc. You can only change devices once a month I think.

8. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Yeah iv got it, Good app but they need to add more channels like the Sky Go website.