Anybody got the 32gb pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rob198612, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Rob198612 macrumors 6502

Anybody here got the 32GB version? Still haven't made up my mind on the hard drive

2. ziggo macrumors 6502

ziggo

I've got it, admittedly don't have much space left after downloading all my apps

3. nrubenstein macrumors 6502

I have a 32GB mini. It barely fits my apps, much less anything else. 32GB is really only a good idea if you plan to use it for little other than email, web browsing, and video streaming. Remember that your usable space is closer to 24GB.

4. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

My current iPad Air 32GB only has a couple gigs of space left, so I opted for the 128GB Pro, since I figure as apps are optimized for the Pro screen size, the app resources will take up more space than on the smaller iPads (although App Thinning should help a bit here).

It really depends on what you plan to use it for, but if you're on the fence, I'd opt for the 128GB.

5. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

I was lucky to find a 128GB Space Gray model in stock at Best Buy today. It was in the back and not with their regular iPad supply. I opted for the 128GB because I don't want to end up regretting it later. I would have gotten 64GB if that was an option. I plan to keep this awhile. With the cost, I don't see a need to get a new one in this size next year. I don't really need any extra features with what I want it for which is mostly video streaming. I do have to say it was cool to see my slots game in bigger size to play.

I use the Anker tablet stand (available on Amazon) to put the iPad in as a stand. I wasn't sure it would work for this size, but it works pretty well.

6. Rob198612 thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright cool guess I'm getting the 128! Now I just waiting for Walmart to get it in stock for the 24 months no interest!

7. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

Waiting.... waiting patiently for the UPS truck to arrive with it.

I use an iPad Air 1 and an iPod Touch, both with 16GB, and neither maxes out.

Granted: I don't use these for video very often, I play very few games, and I keep music down to 2000 songs maximum.

If you aren't music or video hogging, you probably won't max out very often. Just make sure to connect often to off load photos and videos you shot on the iPad.

8. Sanlitun macrumors 6502

Sanlitun

Got a 32 on Wednesday. Returned it for the 128 on Thursday.

I feel lucky I was able to get a 128, they are selling out here.

9. smr macrumors 6502a

I used to be a fully paid up member of the "buy the highest capacity and fasted version" club. However, starting with the 12" MacBook, I have taken a more considered approach, and don't automatically get the maxed out version. My 100GB music library lives on a 128GB iPhone 6S, so I don't need music on my other devices. My movie and TV show library is far too big even for a 128GB iPad Pro, so I need to manage the content depending on where I want to watch stuff, selecting a couple of movies for a long-haul flight or streaming TV via the iPlayer around the house. I have less than 10GB of iPad apps, a lot of which I don't really use. So I have gone with the 32GB Pad Pro and aim to keep it slim and clutter free. (If that doesn't work I have until 20th January to return it for a 128GB one.)

10. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

You wouldn't happen to be in San Antonio, would you?

11. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

Just got the iPad Pro from the UPS guy, and I have just loaded it with all apps (endless apps), a lot of music (1000) and even a few movies ... I have no photos or videos in there yet.

13.8 GB free. I also have iMaschine 2 installed with ALL the expansion packs. There's a lot of space, if you aren't harboring tons of video or audio.

12. arftech99 macrumors regular

arftech99

You have the 32 or 128?

13. ara-mia macrumors member

ara-mia

I think everyone likely knows for themselves what type of device owner they are by now… I rely on cloud and/or streaming services for almost all of my media consumption on iOS devices, so the 32GB model is serving my needs just fine! If you're the sort of person who relies on lots of heavy-duty apps or prefers to store their media locally, you'll probably want to spring for the next tier up.

14. tkmcguire1, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015

tkmcguire1 macrumors 6502

tkmcguire1

I've got the gold 32gb pro after putting all my stuff on it I still have 20gbs of space left so it is plenty for me. I guess it all just depends on your needs,how much space you will require and budget, I sold my iPad Air 64gb wifi that was in mint condition and got $430 for it but still had to pay about $450 out of pocket. All I can say is I love this thing,it is big yes but it is FAST! With 4gb of ram it's just blazing along ;)

15. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

I guess that's what happens when you buy 32gb.

16. Codeseven macrumors 6502a

Same here, use a 16Gb iPad Air 1. Use it mostly for music creation and recording using mostly amp modeling and DAW recording apps. Still have 5.1Gb available.

I'm not knowledgeable enough yet about using the Cloud for all my storage as opposed to keeping it on the device so I'm not sold yet on actually 'needing' 128Gb.

17. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

I got the 32 Pro after having a 128 mini thinking I wouldn't need the space because my mini holds all my media, but I ran out of space quickly on the Pro and am thinking about exchanging it for a 128. 64 would have been perfect. I had a 16 Air that I literally used for streaming that I am replacing with the Pro but after having it now a couple days I want to do more than just stream, I may make it my primary mobile device now after using it.

18. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

32GB

19. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I'm using my iPP in lieu of my 128GB rMBP, so I figured it only made sense to get a 128GB Pro. In truth, day to day I doubt I'll need all this space, but for those times that I travel and want to load my iPP up with movies I'love appreciate it a lot more.

20. mojo522 macrumors newbie

I have the 32 and it's only half full. All my music is on Apple Music, movies on plex, photos in cloud storage, and the rest of my video use is on Netflix, Hulu, and HBO.

So I only need storage for apps, which mostly are work related in addition to some games.

Works great for me, and I can use the extra $150 on a BB8 for me and my husband to terrorize the kids.

21. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

Sorry Indiana here.

22. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Too bad; I thought you might have been the dude who scored the last 128GB SG iPP at the BB near my house, seconds before I got there. I ended up getting another one at a BB across town, but it was pretty funny.

23. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

IF I opt to get one, it'll have to be 128GB. 32GB just won't do. I'm not a fan of keeping anything in the cloud that I want to use. The chance of not having a connection to stream with dissuades me from that.

24. Jessica08 macrumors regular

Jessica08

My current iPad Air is 16gb. I have 2gb of space left, and I do not do gaming, movies, etc. so I think the 32gb will be enough for me. I do wish they offered the LTE version on this size because sometimes my internet connection at home can be spotty, but I do have my iPhone so...

25. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

Bought the 32 only because I didn't have enough money for the 128...don't think it's gonna be big enough...but gotta work with what o can afford