Anybody got the correct time?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by superspiffy, Aug 17, 2007.

1. superspiffy macrumors 6502a

Ever notice whenever you reboot, your system always reads the wrong time? Mine says it's 3:22 AM even though it's 10:22 AM right now. And of course it's set to sync with time.apple.com. Is this a widespread bug or am I alone?

2. ataylora macrumors newbie

3. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

ive never noticed. once or twice ive spotted my battery telling me that i'm going to get 485hours of life out of it though. If only....

4. superspiffy thread starter macrumors 6502a

You mean when I reboot to Windows through BootCamp or when I just have BootCamp installed? Because this problem is with OS X.

5. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

It happens when you boot into Windows and then boot back into to OSX. Just click date and time and it will automatically correct itself.

6. superspiffy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes I've been doing that but with the 1.4 version of BootCamp clicking the date and time doesn't correct the time anymore.

7. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I *think* the difference is one OS sets the internal time to GMT but displays GMT +- your time zone. The other OS simply sets the internal time to GMT +- your time zone.

At least that's what I made up in my head to make myself feel better.

8. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

it doesn't happen to me on either my imac or my ibook and none of my mac using friends have ever mentioned it. None of us are using Bootcamp if knowing that will help your troubleshooting

9. wallaby macrumors 6502

wallaby

This happens to me sometimes when I turn it on. I have bootcamp installed but don't use it very often. Makes me feel like I have a retarded Mac. :p

10. klymr macrumors 65816

I had around 600+ hours on mine. It stayed that way for quite a long time. I have a screenshot somewhere on my MBP. Let's just say I have a new battery now. ;)

11. ataylora macrumors newbie

If the accout isn't admin it won't work, you have to click the lock in the Date and Time panel, put in Adin username and password, and that will do the trick.