Anybody got their bill from T-mobile and used iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mistrz23, Sep 16, 2007.

1. mistrz23 macrumors newbie

Did Anybody got their bill from T-mobile and used Iphone?Is it possible that they can charge you extra for using Youtube and other services that require "internet acces"? I just got the $39.99 voice plan and I don't want to get a $100 bill beacuse I used youtube..Please state what plan do you have and if you used youtube and other stuff and if you bill was higher than usual.Thanks guys

2. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

If you are using youtube over wifi there wont be any fees. And you wont be using youtube over edge if you dont have some kind of data plan.

3. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

You can always log onto tmobiles website and look at your account- that is updated to the hour or so.... or dial #646#- that is accurate to the day.

4. mistrz23 thread starter macrumors newbie

so does the weather& stocks info work if you have just the regular $39.99 data plan? So I assume the status of weather and stock will uptade only when your in some WiFi network range??Or maybe those application could be charged as text messages data on youre T-mobile?
    In other words,having only $39.99 voice plan(no EDGE,No t-mobileweb) I can use Iphone freelly( excluding text messages) youtube, safari over WiFI and get same usual bill?
    It's just make me so worried that I can use something on Iphone and pay whole much extra $$ for some "data transfer" it beside my regular bill.

5. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

If you have no data plan on Tmobile the only thing that will work when you are NOT on wifi is the phone. All the other functions (youtube, stocks, weather, mail) are data driven. And these will only work when you are on wifi.

6. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

What he said. If you have a voice-only plan, you can expect voice only. If you want data-driven stuff- stocks, uTube, mail, any of that... you need a data plan.

You can get a data plan add on- the T-Zone plan- for 5.99 a month. That is what I did. Works great. Slow (as I expect EDGE to be, though I have heard now that TZones is slower than the Total Internet 19.99 package). It does take a little hack to get tZones to work, but I can tell you it DOES- tested with uTube, Stocks, WX, Safari and Mail now. The Total Internet 19.99 package will work straight out of the box on an unlocked phone, no hack necessary.

7. daysleeper macrumors member

Is it possible to get a data plan for the prepaid service?

8. pixlnet macrumors member

Can you tether the total unlimited plan? That would be pretty damn nice!

9. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Call TMo and ask. I know you can get a data plan with NO service, but that is expensive (39.99). I would think so, but I do not know how they would price it.

The tether option still has to be hacked. It is not something that can be done right now on any carrier with iPhone. Once someone makes a tether app for the iPhone, it will probably work with ATT and/or TMo...

10. franny macrumors newbie

Hello!

Whos internet/wi-fi is better (im in los angeles) AT&T or Tmobile???

And if you in LA who service is (call quality, dropped calls) better???

If you have the total internet package do you get wi-fi wherever your at or just at their hotspots, like starbuck??

please is excuse me if these seem lame, i haven had much experience with this stuff.

wow, its just like im a virgin all over again.

:)

11. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

Neither company offers wi-fi, they only offer EDGE. You don't get to use their hotspots either, that costs extra. So far I've used both throughout SoCal. They both have their bad spots but overall it's pretty good. It seems like they run on the exact same network (dead spots in certain areas are dead for both AT&T and T-Mobile).

12. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

It seems like if you have the choice between getting it legit, safely, and fully supported through AT&T, and hacking to use with T-Mobile... there'd be absolutely no reason to not just err on the side of caution and go with ATT.

13. sanford macrumors 65816

Yeah. Why stress yourself if nothing precludes you from ATT?

And the reason T-Mobile and ATT seem to have the same coverage everywhere is because, with the exception of some regions ATT doesn't cover at all, they do have the exact same coverage. T-Mo leases a lot of tower time on ATT's towers. They're own network of first-party towers is pretty sparse. If they didn't lease they'd have miserable coverage.

14. franny macrumors newbie

Baaaaaaah

Eff caution.

Heres what i did i now i got T-mo!!!!

If you are using a pc, and like the AppTapp/PAYCAY/iBrickr - .pxl method this is the guide to use.

Files:
    Download: http://sendspace.com/file/7phdz9
    Download: http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.8.zip
    Download: http://www.nullriver.com/~adam/AppTappInstaller.exe
    Download: http://www.linkhider.com/Txc5

First off, I am doing this as a "From Box to Unlock" method. If you've f'ed up your iphone using some other method, i may be able to help, but this is what i have done, now 14 times, without a single issue.
    Rule #1 - READ ALL INSTRUCTION STEPS BEFORE DOING THEM.
    Rule #2 - have fun with your unlocked iphone.

1) Open Box. take out iphone... it should turn on...Turn it off (red slide).

2) Check to make sure itunes is ver 7.4.1.2. If not download it.

3) Close itunes. make sure ituneshelper is terminated in processes under the task
    manager.

4) Plug usb cable into PC. plug other end in iphone, and as soon as the gray apple appears, hold power button and home button down at same time. Keep holding the buttons down. your iphone will reset itself 2-3 times before you get a yellow triangle.

5) Open itunes. It will say it needs to restore your iphone. hit restore iphone in itunes. this should take about 5 minutes(depending on pc i guess)

6) Wait for everything to finish, and it is back on the activation screen.

7) Close itunes. open up AppTapp. Click continue. Select 1.0.2. Hit continue.
    ****this is very important... i have seen were AppTapp hangs...it will say that it is copying files, but never does, or it will go thru it very fast...3 seconds or so, and says it is done...IT IS NOT. The way you can tell it actually works is if your iphone restarts and goes to the yellow triangle screen, then back to the activation screen.***(Also... AppTapp will complete, but the status bar won't be all the way over to the right. This is fine, just a bit of bad coding.)

8) Close AppTapp. Open PAYCAY, run the (CLICK HERE) activate.bat. it will start to copy files to your iphone. it will also activate your itunes. Follow the instructions on the screen...when it tells you to restart your phone turn your phone off(red slide). Leave it off for about 15 seconds, turn it on. you should now see the springboard(not the Waiting for activation screen). ( I have had some questions about the Lockdown file being replaced... if you wacth the script run, you will see it do it for you.)

9) Open iBrickr. Click applications. Install the installer.pxl. follow these instructions on screen very carefully...you will have to completely restart your iphone twice during this process.

10) Go back to main screen on iBrickr, and press applications. Click file, select the Unlock-fast.pxl. Install it, and it will soft boot your phone when done.

11) keep phone connected to pc, move slide to get back to springboard. press the unlock icon near the bottom of the screen. press start ONCE!..wait... when it says complete at the top, press home button. Turn off iphone. take out ATT sim, hold it in the air and say " This sim has been freed by The Liberator! AKA CarlosValdosta!!!"

12) Put in your sim, make sure that the slanted edge is in the right way.

13) Turn on your unlocked iphone.

14) Use iBrickr to remove the unlock.app. ( go to applications. look at fake iphone on right...click on little red circle next to unlock.app

17) Take the plastic off of the phone if you havent already.

16) Be the envy of all your friends.

Signing off... "The Liberator"...CarlosValdosta

15. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Did you really just ask whether you should go with ATT or T-Mobile, claiming to be a "virgin" to this experience...
    and hours later post a step-by-step unlock method... claiming to be some sort of genius about it...
    even though this has been well-known for weeks, and had several threads ON THIS VERY FORUM about it...

I'm scared...

16. franny macrumors newbie

Psssst

Uh...no dummy.

Knowing cell companies and knowing how to tinker with technology (especially with very easy to follow directions)....not one in the same.

Dont be a 'fraidy cat.

I got this after trying various techniques and rebooting and rebooting using AnySim after getting multiple errors, such as: "no bytes to patch" or "unlock failed or whatever. And then losing sound altogether on my phone and attempting to "virginize" my phone which will only work if you are all ready to wifi with yur phone (for ssh), cause the terminal app is crap.

So people ignore the peanut gallery.

This method worked for me without a hitch after having survived the annoyance of previous method error codes. And i didnt re-virgin my phone, just an itunes restore. If your having problems try this out.

Again...

It worked like a charm for me.

CarlosValdosta...............is the O.U./O.P. (original uploader/original poster)