Anybody got their macbook shipped from Amazon?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by windeyes6, May 30, 2007.

1. windeyes6 macrumors newbie

I placed my order on May 25th, and my delivery estimate is: June 13, 2007 - June 21, 2007 ......... That's a long wait.....

2. Kermit the frog macrumors regular

Kermit the frog

Yah my cousin got a macbook shipped from them and it took forever. Your better off just calling apple or going into the store. It's less hassle and you'll be happier knowing it came directly from apple.

3. windeyes6 thread starter macrumors newbie

I would really love to just go to an Apple store and pick one up with my student discount without paying tax!!!($100 there) Amazon was offering $100rebate and they don't charge sales tax..that's why I am putting up with them..

4. hamholio macrumors member

I had no problems. I did get the 2 day shipping, though.

5. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

I ordered my Macbook Pro from them last year. I'm not sure how long it took to be delivered as I was on vacation while it was shipped. :) that helped the wait.

6. PseudoWoobie macrumors newbie

I order from Amazon all the time and it has never ever taken as long as they "estimate." It usually just takes a few business days with the free shipping for me.

7. Cindynjgirl79 macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

8. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Mine was ordered on Monday, is in Las Vegas now, and due for an on-time delivery tomorrow.

9. windeyes6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Amazon have $100 rebate and no tax...that's $200 saving there.

10. windeyes6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, they normally ship way faster than this time...I don't know what happened. I called and they said they are waiting the shipment from the supplier..but then JohnNotBeatle said his just shipped!!!:( :( :( :( :(

11. windeyes6 thread starter macrumors newbie

You are making me sad...........

Which model did you order?

12. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Blacbook. Cleaning the desk as we speak...

I dd specify 2-day deliery, though, not the Super Saver or whatever. Had to spend the extra to ensure delivery on a day I would be home to sign for it.

13. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

It sure is great to save the $200. I wonder if this is just a low stock situation. I gather you ordered the "new" blackbook with the 160GB drive, right? The Apple site is currently saying shipping within 24 hours for all MacBook models.

Have you tried contacting Amazon Customer Service to get more info? I have never tried to call their CS, I wonder if it even exists.... :confused:

14. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

I ordered one from Amazon. It arrived in three days, but arrived broken. I called to return it and they said it would take about two weeks for them to take the one I returned and send me a new one. They told me that, as an alternative, they could set up a new order for me and send one out immediately. They would simply refund the first laptop when it arrived. I agreed.

The second laptop arrived after another ten days and died within the first five minutes I had it on. It was a rather dramatic death, too. Amazon quoted the same policy. I told them I would simply return it as I couldn't wait another ten days.

I bought my third MacBook from the Old Orchard Apple store. They let me take it out of the box in the store and test it for a good hour (I was taking no chances). This MacBook is picture perfect and has had no problems to date - knock on wood.

Moral of the story: I would not purchase a MacBook from Amazon. Their return policy is a pain in the butt. They ended up waiting about two weeks each time to refund my money. They even gave me a follow-up call saying that yes, the computers were quite broken.

15. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Well, that bites! Here's hoping you got all the DOA ones out of their system! ;)

(As a follow up, which models and when did you go through all this?)

16. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

They have the coolest system for customer service. You give them your phone number, and their dialer automatically calls you when they have a customer service rep available. I've never waited more than a minute, though. I suppose its not much different than simply giving them a time to call, but it seems much better.

Anyway, they've always been really good to me with their customer support. Of course, who knows how much they can really help with your issue.

17. windeyes6, May 31, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012

windeyes6 thread starter macrumors newbie

18. windeyes6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh No!!!!!!!! I hope my macbook will arrive safely!!!!!(if they ever get shipped out at all) That's a LOT of hassle that you have to go through!!! If I get my macbook broken, I guess I would just return to them and go to a Apple store instead this time...

19. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

Wow - that is slick! I have never heard of that service before. Thanks!

20. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

Hmmm. I just looked on Amazon and it currently says "Availability: Usually ships within 2 to 4 days. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com."

That is very odd. I wonder what Cust Serv would say if you pointed this out to them?? :confused:

21. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

The three models have different demand, so some sell out from current stock faster than others.

MB061LL/A (White 2.0/80GB): In Stock
    MB062LL/A (White 2.16/120GB): 2-4 days
    MB063LL/A (Black 2.16/160GB): 3-4 days

This will change daily, if not even more frequently. I ordered my Blackbook on Sunday (Ship Tuesday - Holiday), and I'm watching out for the UPS truck as we speak. It's all your timing and the demand.

22. falling5tarr macrumors newbie

Definitely either call, or email Amazon.

A couple weeks ago I ordered a discontinued 2.0ghz Black Macbook at the reduced price of $1200. They gave me an estimated delivery date of May 22nd-30th, and I never got any Macbook, nor an email notifying me of an issue with the supplier. I emailed Amazon about this on the 30th and they replied back with a HUGE apology, explanation, free upgrade to one-day shipping AND a $10 credit towards my next purchase.

That is outstanding customer service.

23. topher2889 macrumors regular

topher2889

Ordered on 5/23 and still no shipping

I ordered the new 2.16 ghz white macbook on 5/23, when I ordered it it said ships in 1-2 days, yet immediately after I placed the order it showed my estimated arrival date sometime in mid july and the usually ships by had been changed to 4-6 weeks. The next day it changed to its current state of "usually ships in 2 to 4 days" so I emailed them asking them to update my delivery date. They did this and made the estimated ship date 5/31. As 5/31 came and went, I emailed them again. They replied saying they just found out it was backordered and wouldn't ship until 6/20 yet there availability still says ships within 2-4 days. does this seem weird to anybody else? The only reason i buy from amazon is they have a $100 rebate and no tax.

24. npep macrumors member

I have a long wait for my Blackbook as well. I just emailed Amazon and asked for an update and wrote about my concern with not getting the $100 rebate due to the delay in shipping. Amazon went ahead and reduced the price by $100!
    So, now I am getting a new Blackbook 2.0ghz for $1099 with free shipping and no tax...well at least I hope it comes in. Maybe it will be worth the wait.

25. falling5tarr macrumors newbie

Just so you know, the white 2.16 ghz 120gb macbook is now in stock at amazon. So if you haven't received yours yet, you should get it shortly.

I ordered mine on the 31st and I just upgraded my shipping from the free super-saver, to the standard because I will be going out of town soon and I want to make sure I get it before then. Right away the status says "Items Shipping Soon."