Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello. I have been using the new MBP 2010 17" model for about 10 days. It happened three times that garbages appeared on the screen for about 0.5 seconds. Twice under Mac OS and once under Boot Camp Windows Vista. Anybody else has similar problem? I saw those things when I was using the MBP (with the infamous 8600M GT) three years ago.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Are you covering vents by any chance? Usually artifacts are caused by cooling issues.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Are you covering vents by any chance? Usually artifacts are caused by cooling issues.

Thanks for the reply. No. I am not covering vents. The laptop has been sitting on a desk all the time. Unlike the SR MBP, it has been running surprisingly cool. It only got warm twice. I am quite satisfied with it except the artifacts. Do I need to worry about it for the time being?

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Unless it persists, probably not. At worst case, it's definitely under warranty. THough if you haven't done it already, I would consider saving up for Applecare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.