Anybody have an issue with iPhone4 flipping out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ktheriotsmith, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Ktheriotsmith macrumors newbie

So, yesterday morning, my iPhone was fine. Checked email, then put it in my bag to go to breakfast. Pulled it out after breakfast, and the screen is black. I couldn't get the screen to show up. Plugged it in to my laptop, and the iPhone showed up in iTunes, but still had a black screen. Tried to turn off, nothing happened. Tried to force quit...nothing. My husband called my phone, and I was able to answer it because I know where the slide to answer bar is on the screen even though I can't see it...I was able to use the phone as a phone, but still no screen.

About an hour later, at the ballpark, the screen materialized again. The button on the top that turns the phone to sleep mode didn't work, though. I tried several times to put it on sleep mode, but nothing happened. An attempt to force quit brought up the voice control screen. And several times, a message popped up saying "this accessory was not made to work with this phone" even though nothing was plugged into it. To top things off, it won't charge...not from the wall outlet, computer connection or car charger. A trip to AT&T yielded the same result. I have an appointment at the genius bar at lunchtime today. Hopefully, they can replace the phone...I love that phone! I'm back to using my 3G until I can get a working phone back.

Just wondering if anyone else has a possessed phone, or if I just happened to get the one bad apple...

2. Boushwam macrumors newbie

I had the screen go completely black (aside from the top bar) when I pulled up Phone. I couldn't get to recent calls, VM, etc.; it was all black. I tried calling myself and the normal incoming call screen appeared and I was able to answer; however, upon hanging up the phone returned to the black screen. I differ from you in that I was able to turn off and turn back on the phone with no problem thereafter. Hopefully it just doesn't happen again.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Sounds like it needs an exorcism. Hopefully it won't be cute and start working when you get to the Apple Store. That happens to me all the time. Of course you leave the store humiliated, get home, and what do you know it goes nuts again. Bah.

Store should have a supply of replacement phones.

4. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I get a strange message asking for my Voice Mail password after I complete any call, so I type in my password go about my businesss, and I get it again after the next call.

I also noticed after each call is over it takes a minute for the End Call button to go away and the screen to go back home, it like just hangs after a call.

Man going back to my 3GS until they get all the bugs worked out of this, also the Glass breaking issue worries me even though I have a case on mine.

Pretty soon Apple will blame AT&T saying it is a carrier problem, well I didn't have any issues with my 3GS making calls on iOS4, so I know when I end a call it should go back to the phone screen not hang.

We will see

5. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

6. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Somehow there was a double post from my laptop, so I am asking for this one to be deleted Please?