anybody have experience with Bookendz Docking Station

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cardjoseph, Feb 17, 2009.

1. cardjoseph macrumors member

Does anybody have any personal experience with the Bookendz Docking stations for the MacBook Pro?

I would love to hear if you think they are any good and worth the price.

2. leicaguy macrumors newbie

Bookendz

I've had a Bookendz docking station for a couple of years now and it has performed flawlessly. It is hooked to my Apple 23" cinema display, speakers, ethernet, firewire, and power cable. It makes life much easier when I bring the laptop in, place it in the dock and close the lever. Is it worth the cost? I think so, but in fairness, I didn't buy it, my work did.

The docking station is well made. The base is aluminum which helps draw away the heat. It's angled up slightly so inserting a CD/DVD in the front slot is somewhat annoying, but other than that I have no problems.

The one downside, for some people, is that the machine must be off before putting it in or taking it out of the dock. This isn't a big problem for me since I'm not one to put the machine to sleep and drop it in the the case. I don't know if thats a show stopper for you. I really like not having to connect a bunch of cables to the machine each and everyday.