Anybody have experience with using Mac as inet gateway for xbox?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Thilomas, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Thilomas macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I posted about my issue in the help forum,but perhaps some lurker on this subforum might be able to help me;

I've moved house and I can no longer give my xbox a direct connection to my router,so I am using my mac as a gateway,I've managed to get it connected alright except for one inconvenience, despite manually forwarding the xbox live ports to try and solve the issue, NAT always reads as strict.

I'm not sure where the issue lies, but I believe it's incompatibility between my belkin N router and my Mac, as i've discovered other programs on my mac seem unable to get ports forwarded via UPnP.

I've tried to circumvent the issue by trying to make xbox a DMZ host,but changing the network settings to allow this meant it couldn't connect to the internet at all.

I'm hoping there's somebody out there with some advice and/or experience with this, with my limited knowledge of networking i'm waaaaaay out of my league trying to figure this out,and microsoft doesn't support this so they're totally useless for tech support.

Thanks in advance!

Thilomas

2. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

3. Thilomas thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks SevenInchScrew, that was exactly what I was looking for,and haven't been able to find!

I still have a big problem though,manually configuring the ethernet port to the IP I get from ifconfig en0 (the router IP,192.168.2.1) makes my mac decide that my ethernet port is the router and seems to try to access internet through it, leaving both my mac and xbox unable to connect to the internet o_O (xbox comes up with DNS error)

I have no idea how to solve this,but previously I was using ports 10.0.0.x, which worked even though NAT would not.