Anybody have problems texting people with Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CBell, Oct 18, 2008.

1. CBell macrumors regular

One of my friends has Verizon and I have ATT, but whenever I text him, he doesn't receive the message until hours (sometimes days) later. This doesn't happen to anybody I text who has ATT, or Sprint.

Anybody else with this happening?

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

My wife is on Verizon and, so far, we haven't had any issues.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

Yeah, happens with my roommates. One has Verizon and the other an iPhone (AT&T). AT&T -> Verizon often takes hours, and they may arrive out of order. It's crazy.

4. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

happens all the time haha, it sucks :( ..... i think it's just cuz verizon hates at&t :(

5. 2056 macrumors 6502

i have verizon and my lady friend has atnt. she's the only person i know that has atnt and i only have problems with texting her, so i've always blamed her service. it doesn't happen too often but enough to take notice.
    they usually are delayed or arrive out of order just like the previous post states.

6. Peabody macrumors regular

no problems here...good luck on figuring it out!

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No problems for me texting my brother who is on Verizon.

8. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

the person i text the most has verizon, thank god no problems what so ever :D

good luck

9. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

I have at&t and the wife has verizon... she has unlimited messaging so she sends texts to my email and i respond that way [to her @vtext.com] no issues with that and i dont need a crazy high text plan

10. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

My girlfriend has Verizon. I have AT&T. Texting verizon to att or att to verizon sucks. Sometimes it's instantaneous, sometimes I'll get a text 12 hours later, and about 30 texts out of order. Some days, it borderlines on being unusable.

11. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

Yes.

Not sure if it was due my port from VZW however.

12. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

13. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

thank god my "important friends" + girl don't have verizon.

and yes, i have some friends that sometimes never get texts. this one girl who i tried to text, i texted her 3 times and no text! so then a friend would sent her one and she got it. then the next day it would work for us. fustrating..

14. Wolf103FM macrumors regular

I used to have that problem even with verizon to verizon, and not just text. sometimes I wouldn't even get voicemails until days later. But since I've had the iPhone, I';ve had no problems texting my VZW phone, or my mother on VZW

15. littfam macrumors regular

I work with a couple of people who have been talking about severe text messaging lag times that are up to 12 hours. Both have Verizon. One of these guys said he called Verizon, and said they were going to send someone out and perform some kind of work on the cell tower.

This is all I know on this subject.....Hope it helps.

16. sportsfanMAW macrumors regular

I'm experiencing the same thing. I have an iphone and i'm texting my friend on verizon. Sometimes she'll get my texts right away, other times it'll take around 30 min to an hour for her to get it. And if it's longer than 160 characters then usually the second half is all that goes through. And since the iphone doesn't tell you how many characters you've used i don't know when that is! Whoever's fault it is, this needs to be fixed and soon!

17. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

As others have stated, I've also randomly had issues. Sometimes texting is immediate, sometimes it can be delayed 10-20 minutes (never had it take hours though).

This was also a problem with my BJII from AT&T > Verizon though, so I think it's network-related and not the iPhone.

18. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I have two friends with Verizon.
    Mike:
    He receives a text anywhere from instantly (rarely), usually 10-20 minutes and out of order from sent order (As in the first message I send arrives after the second sent)... And sometimes he never receives it.
    I have tested this to the point where I will be sitting right next to him in a covered area and he will never receive the message...

Steve: Always receives my messages, but they are delayed at least 5 minutes... And can take as long as 60min.

I find similar problems with Sprint, but only on certain numbers. My friend next door can take hours whereas my cousin in Florida receives messages instantly. Always.

Within AT&T I NEVER have a problem. It's always working great and have nothing to complain about. Luckily, most of my text's go to AT&T customers.

19. psywzrd macrumors 68030

This has been an ongoing problem with me as well. I really only text one person on Verizon (my brother) and I experience a couple of issues. The worst issue is that I sometimes never get his texts at all. The other is that I sometimes receive his texts out of order. I haven't noticed these issues with any other carrier so there is definitely something going on with Verizon and AT&T.

20. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

Yeah a few of my friends have Verizon as well and whenever I text them, they get the messages way late. It's pretty annoying.

21. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Happens to me randomly as well. Mostly after 9pm or so, texts come out of order and extremely late.