Anybody Have the Apple Dock?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mirz2000, Oct 25, 2015.

1. mirz2000 macrumors regular

Has anyone tried the official Apple dock? What are your thoughts? Any issues? I wondered if it would be a problem that there is no physical support behind the phone when it is charging... the phone is only held up only by its port (hope that makes sense). I am currently using the Hi Rise dock, FWIW.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It's used in the Apple stores where the phone will be pulled out and set back 100's maybe 1000's of times a day. I think they are sturdy enough

3. WRXiceman macrumors 6502

WRXiceman

I have one. Absolutely love the build quality and how premium it looks/feels.
    No issues with it at all so far.

4. afallnstar macrumors member

afallnstar

X2 A little frustrating to dock the phone without looking but otherwise it's been great.

5. mirz2000 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm... Sounds like I need to check it out... Sure wish there were an Apple Store near me!

6. tranqme macrumors newbie

Sure they may look great and charge quickly, but for something that can't be used one-handed and costs $75 (AUD), there's better alternatives out there.

7. ac921ol macrumors regular

i have the everdock an love it. have used it with a 5s, and 6s, naked and slim cases, big cases as well.

he also had a 20% discount code, i went with the space grey option since i have that.