Anybody have the new macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by longball11, Nov 1, 2009.

1. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

I have just been wondering if anybody has posted anything about the new macbook. Is it good? Bad? All I'm seeing is whether they should get a macbook pro or Imac.
    Im asking this because I am thinking about getting it. I am in no rush though. I have a black macbook from 2007 and works well. All I ever do is internet surf, listen to music, sometimes movies, and word documents, powerpoints for college. Is it worthy of getting a macbook?
    I am also tempted by the macbook pros and like the bigger screen but have adapted to the 13 inch ever since I made the macbook my main computer. I just see and hear the rumors about upgrades etc.
    I am finishing college in early 2010. Is the iMac something worthy of looking at if I am just going to do stuff at the desk?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

If you don't need to replace anything, don't. I would wait until you graduate from college, given that your needs and desires might change.

3. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

If you won't miss firewire and being able to use an apple remote, the new screen, multitouch trackpad and longer battery life are nice upgrades to the new Macbooks.

4. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Why cant you use an apple remote?

5. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

It doesn't have an IR port. Apparently, that's now a professional feature.:mad:

AGATA: Apple Giveth, Apple Taketh Away

6. iWoz macrumors 6502a

iWoz

My girlfriend is getting it on Thursday, I'll be having a play with it and can let you know what its like.

7. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

You answered your own question, wait to see what Q1 of 2010 brings for the latest and greatest as it doesn't sound like you need it now...then there's always the "don't buy Rev A products" factor...so wait and see what you need after school is done.

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Hardly Rev A. The MacBook series has been around for a long time. If you mean the plastic unibody, I doubt there are any problems there.

9. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Why someone will want a MacBook instead a 13" MacBook Pro?

10. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

im in the same position as the op, my netbook plays gta sa better than my macbook and i want my macbook to have some gaming ability

I would want to buy the macbook instead bcause there is a huge peice of class over the mbp screen and i cant stand it

11. timsutcliffe macrumors 6502

I've got a MBA at the moment, but i'm looking to change to a MacBook at some point.

I'm training to be a teacher, and I think the polycarbonate MacBook will be more suited to a classroom and having lots of kids around. That's one reason I can think of.

12. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

$200?

13. slu macrumors 68000

slu

IMO, you don't need to upgrade. You will notice very little performance improvement for your uses, and the added benefits like the LED backlit screen and multi-touch trackpad are not worth the difference in the price you can sell your Macbook for and what you will pay for a new one.