Anybody have the Soundsticks?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mattcube64, Oct 1, 2007.

1. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

I'm thinking of buying the 2.1 system to replace my aging Harman/Kardon computer speakers. However, my current set (although old) get A LOT of interference from my iPhone.

Can anybody confirm this is or is not the case with the soundsticks?

Thanks.

2. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I have the SoundSticks II and love them! I don't have an iPhone yet, but rather a Sony T637. This thing interferes will all the speaker systems that we have at work and I've never heard any interference out of the SoundSticks at home even when the phone is inches away from them..

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

The SoundSticks are an incredible set of speakers; I have the RAZR and have never had interference!

4. PupnTaco macrumors regular

PupnTaco

I have (rare) interference from the iPhone & previously the RAZR. I may get some noise if I put the phone right next to the speakers but otherwise no problem.

5. slicedbread macrumors regular

I have the soundsticks too. Not much in the way of interference when using a mobile phone around it.

However its really stupid that the speakers don't have an off button. Its really expected to be powered 24/7. All you can do is unplug the power socket, which is kinda stupid IMO.

6. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

Interference is a problem with GSM phones. Does it sound like morse code? If so, that is the phone doing its thing. There is nothing wrong with your speakers.

7. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

I have both and I get the rare interference and that's with the dock right next to one of the speakers.

8. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

I have two sets of Soundsticks II, they're a terrific set of speakers. I have never had any interference and like cyclingplatypus my iPod dock is right next to one of the speakers.

I have them plugged into a powerboard that has individual on/off switches for each plug so turning them off at the power is hardly a problem.

9. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I have an iPhone and the Soundsticks and am currently having no problems at all using both.

WiFi may cause a problem though.

10. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I have an iphone and soundsticks (version 1). I do get the interference sometimes, but rarely, and it's quiet. I'd say go for it.

11. jojo21 macrumors newbie

Current passes through g3 iphone from sound sticks II

Hi,

I've got sound sticks ii and new 3g iphone, when i plug the speakers in I swear the iphone goes live, anyone else notice this, I first noticed it when I was listening to the ipod some one rang and it gave me a mild electricity tingle/shock, and if i hold the iphone in one hand and rest the forearm of the other on my aluminum power book casing I get it every time, you can get a really good noticeably tingle/electric shock if you move your forearm around a bit on the powerbook casing. Can someone else try this and report back. :) It's quite cool but I'm not sure it's probably that good for the phone.