Anybody have this happen to them before?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheRock88, Oct 3, 2010.

1. TheRock88 macrumors member

So I have had my 64 gb 4G Touch for about 2 weeks now and had a 32gb 2G Touch for about 2 years. But what happened today, I've never experienced this before.

So during this morning, I was listening to music on my 4G Touch while walking and while in the car. When I stopped by a place for lunch, I stopped the music and put it on standby. When I left the restaurant and tried to turn on the Touch, it wouldnt turn on. I tried pressing the Home button and the Sleep button multiple times and the thing would not just turn on. Had to go home and sync it to my computer for it to work again.

So anybody have this happen to them before? Should I be wary that it might happen again?

2. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

Has it happened again? I've never heard of this happen, yet.

3. shakra00 macrumors member

thats what happen when the battery is drained down to zero :)

4. TheRock88 thread starter macrumors member

Oh, forgot to mention about that. The battery was fully charged when I put it on standby. Had no wifi or anything running in the background so it couldnt have lost its charge. Plugged it into the computer and it shows that it was fully charged too.

And no, hasnt happened again so far (knocks on wood).

5. Kowaku macrumors newbie

Yeah I had this happen to me. No madder how much I pressed the hold button or home button, it wouldn't work until I plugged it into the computer (yes, it was not out of batteries).

6. TheRock88 thread starter macrumors member

How many times has it happened to you so far?

7. Abscissa macrumors regular

Mine has done something like that: It would stop playing (couldn't tell you the sequence of events) but I held the power and home button for like 10 seconds and it came back on. Has happened like twice at random.

8. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Had you left it in the car?

If so, it had probably shut down due to overheating.

9. HuggyLowDown macrumors regular

HuggyLowDown

If you left it in the car, then it's probably due to overheating. Heat is bad for iDevices because it'll screw with your battery and sometimes shutdown. Next time, don't leave it in the car.

10. TheRock88 thread starter macrumors member

Nope, I had it in my pocket the entire time I was in the restaurant.