Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silofolous

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
For those who do, how stable is it? I am considering (someday) upgrading to it from Bible Explorer 4, but I want to know the stability of it before I do.

I am sad that WORDsearch 9 uses WINE and X11 like BE4, but I can get past that.

steve1971

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2011
I've had WORDsearch for Mac since it first came out.

The BIG ISSUE that I have is the fonts. In the previous version the fonts were fine. Now choosing "Normal" size and below make the fonts appear as if they from a dot-matrix printer!

I've first contacted customer support January 12, 2011. After finally getting a response they promised to look into it. Was finally told to upgrade to Lion and then install the new WS update.

That has not helped.

Bottom line is that after using WORDsearch for years (started with the PC version), I can no longer recommend it.

gkendric

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2006
Newest WordSearch 9 works great

Up until I upgraded to LION WordSearch worked great with Mac's. Since LION I have read that WordSearch has upgraded their version 9 program and will work with LION. If you have an incompatible edition then you will get a closing down window each time you attempt to open WordSearch. No longer is X11 visible but works in the background so you don't end up loading two applications.

I still think that WordSearch is the best and most useful Bible application so I think it's well worth it. I have spoken with people at WordSearch and although many employees there like the Mac environment better they don't see WordSearch creating a native Mac version at this time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.