Anybody having trouble with IntelliscreenX or Messages+ just disappearing?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thepopnick, Feb 1, 2012.

1. thepopnick macrumors newbie

After jailbreaking my iPhone 4S, I downloaded some old, but updated-for-iOS-5-favorites: IntelliscreenX and Messages+ (among several others). Then, my phone started behaving strangely. I noticed later that week that my text notifications were not letting me respond over open apps anymore. I immediately went to look for Messages+ to see if I could figure out the problem and it was just... gone - no sign that I'd ever even installed it. I went into Cydia and downloaded it again. It installed fine and everything worked as it should afterwards. Then a couple of days later, I was trying to flick my lock screen over to my Facebook feed (as IntelliscreenX lets you do) and I noticed it was the same ol' iOS 5 lock screen with notifications. None of my awesome enhancements were there. I went and looked for IntelliscreenX in settings and on my springboard and guess what? Gone! Just gone!

The rest of my jailbroken apps don't seem to have these problems. I wonder if there is some sort of incompatibility between Messages+ and IntelliscreenX that keeps them from coexisting on the phone and needs to be addressed in an update. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

2. kuato macrumors member

never had this problem. try reinstalling intelliscreenx through cydia.

3. thepopnick thread starter macrumors newbie

I've figured out the problem: intelliscreenx actually comes with messages+ as a part of the program. It uninstalls the stand-alone version if you have it already. I saw it in the command line as it installed. I guess trying to reinstall messages+ messes with intelliscreenx. Bottom line: no need for messages+ if you have intelliscreenx.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.816640,-96.807116