Anybody hear on additional shipments to AT&T stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by And5555, Jul 11, 2008.

1. And5555 macrumors member

Has anybody heard anything about additional shipments coming to AT&T stores?

I went to 3 stores this morning trying to get the iPhone, but all three of them knew nothing about when additional shipments were coming in ("could be Monday or a week from now, we don't know").

My guess is that they are a bit skewed in their messaging because their goal is to get everyone to do a Fulfillment order with their store (so they don't want you thinking "oh. then I'll just come back tomorrow" if they get a shipment in tonight.

I read an article online that said that stores would be getting an additional shipment today for stocking for Saturday, but I don't know how true that is.

Has anybody heard anything?

2. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

Ive heard daily shipments.

Those employees are told not to say anything, so even if they know, they cant tell anyone.
    I guess you would have to just wait in line and hope they come in.

3. tkeefe67 macrumors newbie

I got the last iPhone at my local store, and the employee said that they wouldn't be surprised if they got more this afternoon.

4. ramblintoad macrumors member

5. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

It's kinda shady how they want you to pre-order just to lock you in...

but the employee at my store told me that they were getting more units tomorrow.

6. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

The guys at ours said upfront they get them everyday, they'll be ready at 10AM when doors open. I said screw it and bought an 8gb though... didn't want to wait a whole 24 hours to get a 16.

7. techguy2011 macrumors newbie

My local AT&T store said they will be getting more in and opening at 9 tomorrow. So I will be there around 7 waiting for mine. I hope to be first in line and finally get the 3G iPhone... They will also be getting more in tomorrow and opening specially for Sunday too.

8. LadyC macrumors newbie

I just went to my ATT store and ended up reserving one - they said "by next week", but I think (and very strongly hope) that they're saying that so that if it comes in tomorrow we can all think how fabulous they are for getting it in so soon. On the other hand, if the Apple store stock nearby is showing my phone in stock tonight I might go tomorrow morning and grab one and "return" my reservation. At least I got the credit check out of the way. The word around the internet is "daily shipments" so I really hope I get mine tomorrow.

9. nparmelee macrumors 6502

Our local three AT&T stores are all sold out, only 10 of each phone at each. The manager from one of them said he had no idea when they were getting more since the iPhones don't show up on thei8r shipping forms. He's not expecting any more this weekend but really doesn't know, said he could be surprised.