Anybody here have a modded PSP Slim?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by daneoni, Mar 22, 2008.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I've had my PSP slim for a while now but i haven't updated it because i've been mulling over the idea of putting custom firmware on it. However from what i've read online this isn't an easy task and requires some hardware hacking.

I was just wondering if any of you have put CFW on your PSP slim and if so how did you do and was it worthwhile doing it?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Both RaggedJimmi and I have psp slims with dark alex's custom firmware.

Didn't require any hardware hacks at all. Works a treat.

3. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

May i ask how you did this?...you can PM me the tips if you want

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

5. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

I take it i should download the 3.90 one. If so which of them, the 'release' or the 'M33-2'?

Keep in mind this is a fresh PSP Slim with 3.71 original firmware out the box

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Righty-o

You need to make your battery into a Pandora battery first. I did this using a fat PSP but I believe you can now make them with slims. Search for the Easy Pandora Installer, or anything that sounds like that. Chances are it'll be a PC app.

After all that is done restart the PSP with the soft modded Pandora battery and the memory stick in (the easy installer will copy the necessary files to the memory stick) and follow the onscreen instructions. It's very easy to do but I don't have any links. Sorry boot that.

Oh and the CFW is a glorious thing. Works great in GTA to get the game loaded up right, ends FPS problems etc. Oh and it's great playing any PS1 game you want.
    And (some of) the flash0 themes are simply beautiful. Yea.

Cheerio!

7. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

So i still have to do the Pandora mod after all. Eek! i don't like knives and batteries in the same sentence. Oh well might be a fun summer project

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

If you want to be a piece of cheeky flavoured popcorn then you could always buy a Pandora battery off eBay, Datel even make thier own. Personally I wouldn't do the knife method.

It's easy once you're there. The M33 firmwares update via the menu now.