Anybody here having a problem playing Stranglehold on Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by writeous, Oct 14, 2007.

1. writeous macrumors regular

Hello, I have a 2.2ghz C2D Macbook Pro running boot camp with Windows XP. For some odd reason I cant get Stranglehold to run when i have all the required specs. Whats even weirder is that I could run the demo, but not the actual game. All I get is a black screen when it tries to load. Anyone else having this problem?

2. ouralien macrumors newbie

Hey I'm having the exact same problem. I though it could be some issues with the video card driver.
    But we can't use the last Nvidia driver, we have to use the one supplied by Apple.

I've got the last MPB 2.4 Ghx with GeForce 8600M GT & 256MB of video RAM

3. writeous thread starter macrumors regular

Im not sure if its a driver issue, cause the demo of the game plays just fine with my MBP, its just the retail wont run. Oh well, looks like im stuck with a game that just wont work:mad:.

4. writeous thread starter macrumors regular

You were right about it being a driver issue. I updated the nvidia driver to the new beta one, and now the game works. Go to this thread for instructions on ow to install drivers for nvidia on macbook pros running windows.

http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-338234.html