Anybody here use Beejive???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Crank Lucas, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Crank Lucas macrumors member

WHat do you think about it, worth the money?

I had 1 question about it, does the application run on the safari browser, or it launches its own menu

and can I get IM's while my phone is on standby, can I get a vibrate for the IM

thanx!

2. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

There is this really cool invention Al Gore made a couple few years ago, he called it the 'Internet'. Perhaps the most neat invention on this internet is called google. When i ask it questions it points me in the right direction all the time.
    When i asked it about beejive it pointed to a website dedicated to all things beejive, imagine that! So check it out: google+beejive = Beejive website

3. one1 macrumors 65816

BeeJive is one of the best apps I have seen for the iPhone yet. It's very well designed. It doesn't crash, it has a beautiful interface.

It also does LANDSCAPE im'ing and does NOT interfere with the screen. touch the screen to scroll up in the conversation and the keyboard auto hides, touch it again and it auto unhides.

Supports a huge variety of IM messengers, extremely feature rich. ......and yes it vibrates!

I'd buy it all over again.

4. Almy macrumors 6502

Ive been using it since it launched and I think it's very wortwhile. The iPhone can't get your im's the way you think until apple puts out full fledged push. Beejve keeps you logged in on their servers and emails you to let you know you've gotten a message. So basically whatever you have for email notification will do it. You can also set it up for text notification.

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I've used it but it would be better when the iPhone as background apps. I can run Beejive on my Blackberry and know when I get an message via on screen popup and blinking indicator color of my choice.

The Beejive iPhone will be very nice once the app can run in the background.

6. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

It most definately works better with a jailbroken iPhone. You can install backgrounder to kee it on in the background and still alert you.

7. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Really? I have to try that...

8. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

too bad it's never going to run in the background...

badge notifications will be cool. and if they could somehow send an SMS that displays the message, that would be close enough for government work.

anyway, i do love BeeJive. i've been a supporter of MobileChat since it was a jailbreak app, and i've tried to stay loyal, but i just can't stand how crashy it is anymore. i splurged on BeeJive, and i couldn't be happier. i've experienced no bugs, the UI is great. very well made, and you stay logged in when you leave the app so you get a MobileMe email pushed to you when you get a new message. and, unlike MC, the email has the actual IM in the body.

overall, i couldn't be happier with BeeJive. i've never had a Blackberry, so i can't speak on how it compares to that version. great iPhone version, though.

9. cdp1276 macrumors member

cdp1276

I've also been using it since the early days of beta for the Blackberry and now iPhone. They are doing some great enhancements and creative ideas to work within the OS limitations that Apple puts on them. It is a very stable product and worth the money!

10. spikedfo macrumors regular