Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IPCostello

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
I'm starting in a couple of weeks at one; just wondering if there's any more of you guys out there.

ucscc10

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2006
well, i know of some (i'm not one), but from what i remember them saying at one point is that the "contract" you sign with apple forbids you from these types of sites. i may be wrong here, but i remember hearing that from a friend- meaning that they might not respond.

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
I used to work for a Apple Store. and yes, you can read macrumors on off time but you are not suppose to post.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Flyinace2000 said:
I used to work for a Apple Store. and yes, you can read macrumors on off time but you are not suppose to post.
and i'm sure that really stopped you :p

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
Koodauw said:
and i'm sure that really stopped you :p

Actually, it did. I only worked there for the summer (3 months) so i only had to go without posting on MR for 3 months. If i was still working their i don't know how long i could of held out. I would of probably got a new username that was not linked to me in anyway.

IPCostello

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
See this Apple

Well if there are any reps from Apple watching, I would like to say that I was unaware of this legality and I will cease and desist; not looking to get fired from my awesome new job before I even start!

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
CubaTBird said:
frankly i think apple could really careless:cool:

It's a thing about employees revealing apple stuff before apple reveals it.

For example, an employee could vent that they've been putting in a lot more hours per week, sorting out a new shipment. This would tell the public that they're coming out with a new computer.

Apple is famously paranoid about stuff like that.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
katie ta achoo said:
It's a thing about employees revealing apple stuff before apple reveals it.

For example, an employee could vent that they've been putting in a lot more hours per week, sorting out a new shipment. This would tell the public that they're coming out with a new computer.

Apple is famously paranoid about stuff like that.

Apple also likes the secretive atmosphere...even if security isn't too tight in reality, the simple idea that security is top-notch drives people wild and creates huge buzz for their products.

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2005
I would love to work at an Apple Store, but that contract would bug me, as I know someone who worked at a store and left a bunch of forums. Kinda sucked. :(

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
If you post from home and never mention you're an Apple employee on the forums or tell your co-workers that you post, I don't see how Apple could find out.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
yg17 said:
If you post from home and never mention you're an Apple employee on the forums or tell your co-workers that you post, I don't see how Apple could find out.

Yeah, but do you really want to risk a paying job, just to post on an internet forum?

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
i know people that have been fired for posting on MR while working for apple, yet i also know some that post under an alias and get away with it, just dont be silly about it.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
There are some restrictions on Apple Store people that don't necessarily apply to everyone else. Here we can see an example of a long time employee giving up the goods on one of the deepest, darkest Apple secrets of them all.

Takumi

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2005
Gunma, Japan
p0intblank said:
Wow, that's insane... but awesome at the same time. If I worked for Apple, I would definitely obey their rules.

They monitor your IP to make suer you don't frequent these sites and divolge TS information.:rolleyes:

Takumi

MacDonaldsd

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2005
London , UK
Can someone give me some advice on how to get a job at a apple store, I don't know what to put in my CV. Im currently studying computer science at uni surely this should help.

When I apply for jobs at the apple store I never get a reply

Scipio

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2005
Caitlyn said:
I would love to work at an Apple Store, but that contract would bug me, as I know someone who worked at a store and left a bunch of forums. Kinda sucked. :(

I have friends who work at Apple Stores, they say it's cool at first, but not all it's cracked up to be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.