Anybody know about dumbphones?

plasticparadox

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2003
I bought an unlocked Nokia 515 as a travel phone. Can someone knowledgable confirm that I can use it on an upcoming trip to Canada?

The IMEI sticker on the retail package reads:

NOKIA 515.2
WHITE NV EAST AFRICA UK
WCDMA 900/2100
GSM 850/900/1800/1900

I plan to use the Rogers/Fido GSM network on prepaid. The frequency of that network is 850/1900 MHz. I'm by no means an expert but it looks like my phone may be compatible?

Thank you.

Micky Do

macrumors 68000
Aug 31, 2012
a South Pacific island
No problem. Have the 5C of that phone, the 301 and love it. :D Very nice to take pictures with even.
Wow, it takes photos…..! It's a smart phone by my standards.

I am on to just my fourth blue Nokia, with a monochrome screen since about '92. One of them was replaced when it drowned. The first had to go when they switched off the analogue signal.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Wow, it takes photos…..! It's a smart phone by my standards.

I am on to just my fourth blue Nokia, with a monochrome screen since about '92. One of them was replaced when it drowned. The first had to go when they switched off the analogue signal.
Oh gosh, yes, I've only used it at Home Depot to take a picture of some molding, but wow it came out great. 3.2 MP, Bluetooth 3.0, 3G, FM radio, takes up to a 32GB MicroSD but has 256 MB built-in so easily like two typical camera rolls there. One heck of a dumbphone. It works with CardDAV too, so I just drag and drop the cards via Bluetooth.

It'll probably outlast all the smartphones in the house, so I still have it as a backup. For that and travel like plasticparadox here.

Pretty well built too. Not like a tank, but still really solid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.