Anybody Know Anything About Fedora Linux?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by dsnort, Apr 8, 2009.

1. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

I know this is a Mac forum, but I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I posted the following on the Fedora Forums:

"Help Making Live iso on Thumbdrive
    I'm new to Fedora and Linux in general. I have Fedora up and running on an old Apple iBook, so far so good. I have an Asus eee pc on the way to me, and I want to put Eeedora on that. To that end I am trying to create a live iso on a thumbdrive using the instructions on this page:

http://wiki.eeeuser.com/eeedora:installing

The relevant passage is:

"#
    Download the ISO version from download page :

Save the ISO somewhere memorable - it'll be <350Mb

#
    Since you're running Fedora:

you can use the linux command ”livecd-iso-to-disk XYZ.iso /dev/sdb1”, where XYZ.iso is the name of the ISO file, and /dev/sdb1 is the name of the USB key partition where you want the image.
    The image is added non-destructively, so other files on the disk should be preserved."

I've tried it and can't get it to work. I'm pretty sure I've done something wrong with the file names / paths, but don't know.

Could you take a look at the attached screenshot and tell me what I'm doing wrong?"

Not getting many answers, or any, on that forum. Anyone here that could help?

Attached Files:

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

You have the wrong path most likely. Try /home/David/Desktop/filename.iso and remember that paths are case sensitive. So if your username has David with a small d then use that instead.

3. dsnort thread starter macrumors 68000

dsnort

Thanks for the help,

I think I just figured out where to find the correct file path in Fedora, here's hoping.