Anybody know how to cancel ATT.com iphone order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jfreak623, Jun 15, 2010.

1. jfreak623 macrumors 6502

I don't see how you do it? Is it possible? I think i would rather order through apple. I just dont trust AT&T to get it to me on the 24th. Should i be worried?

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Man people need to calm down, keep your order.

Here I'll give you something else to worry about. Say you cancel your order with AT&T, but for some reason it takes a few weeks to reset your upgrade status back to eligible....

OH NOES!

3. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Not every question has a poster behind it freaking out. I had a similar question, though I asked AT&T. I was told you cannot cancel a pre-order—but you can return or refuse the shipment when it comes and they'll reset it for you. Sure, it might take a bit of time.

I'm not worried. I decided I want to go with white, not black, and I'm willing to wait for it. No freaking out. Oh NOZ I AN BE CLEVR 2!

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Last summer I tried to cancel my ATT online order and was told that I couldn't. I wanted to pick the phone up in store & didn't know that that was impossible to do when you order online. I went into the store and was able to place another order with no problem (no effect on my eligibility) and was advised, after store employees had spoken to countless other people at whatever support number they use, that the only way to "cancel" is to wait until Fed Ex or whoever delivers the phone and then refuse delivery. Totally inefficient and expensive for ATT, but that's what they said.

Oh, and it will take at least a few months for the charge to be refunded to your credit card, too.

5. jfreak623 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks...i will just keep it and hope they come through for me! gonna be a long 9 days!!