Anybody know how to make more Invisible Shield installation solution?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by S1njin, Jul 20, 2010.

1. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Couldn't be easier. A small drop of dish soap or baby shampoo in a small bowl of cold water, mix and dip shield right in the solution.

3. S1njin thread starter macrumors 6502a

S1njin

For real? Do you stir up the solution after adding the soap? What do you do w/ the bubbles?

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I usually just put a small drop in the center of the bowl, then fill the bowl with the water stream hitting the droplet. As the bowl fills it does a good job of mixing up with the soap, no real need to stir it up.

Bubbles are fine, just dip the skin all the way in, hold it up for a second and let it drip giving it a little shake to get the excess water off, and put it on your phone.

5. S1njin thread starter macrumors 6502a

S1njin

6. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

7. F1 Speed macrumors member

I used regular window cleaner when I installed mine and it worked perfect. Since then I have removed the Zagg (hated the texture and how it degraded the retina display) and went with an SGP Ultra Oleophobic screen protector installed the same way. Love it!!!! Super clear and absolutly no signs of lifting w/ an Apple Bumper after 5 days of use.

8. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Lukewarm water, slowly squirted a bit of super cheap washing up, and mix it slowly, so you get as few bubbles as possible, went on a dream.

iPhone 4 is the easiest i've ever done.

9. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I would not advise against using window cleaner on the phone. Those chemicals might be bad for the screen---perhaps even the oleophobic coating.

The first time I applied the InvisibleShield, I didn't use enough of the spray, because I didn't want to waste it and figured I didn't need much. The result was a huge hassle to get it to be placed properly. I wasn't satisfied with my initial placement of the thing, so I removed it and poured water on the shield and tried again. This however caused a lot of tiny particles to stick to the shield.

This method worked for reapplying the shield:
    - First if you need more solution, just pour water into the bottle and put a drop of hand-soap inside, then shake it (this is pretty much what the solution is anyway).
    - Clean off the screen of the phone with a microfiber cloth to remove fingerprints and oils and such. Then use the tiny black cloth that comes with the InvisibleShield to remove the excess particles that the microfiber might leave behind. The shield doesn't have any adhesive, so it's no problem wetting it.
    - Get more hand-soap and rub the invisible shield with it and wash it under running water to remove particles and fingerprints.
    - Spray the shield and the phone. It's best to use a lot of of the spray on the phone and shield, because this lets you move it around and place it perfectly. But obviously don't be foolish and cause water-damage to the device. Be particularly careful of the speaker above the screen and the home button; you don't want to drench that.
    - Put a small towel in your hand and place the phone on top of the towel, now use the squeegee to remove the bubbles of water between the shield and the phone. The towel is so that the excess water won't pour into the buttons, dock connector, etc.
    -Take some time squeegeeing out the water, because the cover may move around while you do this.
    - You can also use a hairdryer to allow the screen to dry some and even dry up any moisture that might have found its way into the dock connector/earpiece/volume buttons. Obviously, make sure the dryer isn't too hot to mess up your phone.
    - You can try applying the screen several times if you can't get it right, because the shield is pretty easy to remove the first couple of hours and perhaps even the next morning since it hasn't settled and cured completely.
    - You should allow it to cure a couple of days before using a bumper or similar cover, or else the sides might lift.