Anybody know where I can find 2002 iMac?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by cammyg123, Feb 16, 2014.

1. cammyg123 macrumors regular

cammyg123

Anyone know where I could find a 2002 iMac? I would really enjoy to have one and if anyone can give me any good places to look I'd appreciate it.

2. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

3. cammyg123 thread starter macrumors regular

cammyg123

Would you say the prices are reasonable there? Thanks for the quick response btw :) appreciate it.

4. tdiaz macrumors 6502

"reasonable" is many things to many people. :)

If it's too much for everyone, it won't sell. If it's a cheap deal for many, it'll be gone fast after listing.

Some people have a hissy fit because they have to pay $20 to ship something they paid $5 for. UPS doesn't care what you paid, just how much they charge to move it.

Take a look, if there's something that is well described, at a price you like, then snag it.

You can also check craigslist in your area, or look for a freecycle maillist group in your area, and post a "wanted" message. May just hit paydirt for 'free'.

5. iameatingjam1 macrumors newbie

You can check pawn shops too, we had one at the store I worked at. Sold it for around $100 still in box with original accessories and documentation.

I never bought it myself, but it was what got me thinking "it would be cool have an old mac" and now I'm awaiting my third. Be careful!

6. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Craigslist, Kijiji are always great, found mine there. Ebay also is great but shipping can be a killer. Be patient, sometimes these things pop up when you least expect.

7. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

eBay, local classifieds (craigslist & others), swap meets.

I picked up my 2 Luxo Lamps on eBay and at a swap meet. The one from eBay is the computer I have spent most on in my collection as the guy was the original owner, the machine was almost new, and had all the original accessories in like-new condition. He even had the box!

The one I would look for is the mid-late 2003 model. They had USB 2.0 and you could get a 15, 17 or the (semi-rare) 20" model.

8. AmestrisXServe macrumors 6502

I didn't know that the 20" Luxo was in any way rare, or uncommon. I've seen them lined up in shooting gallery-esque rows, on racks.

You might do better to discuss this in the PPC forum, as this isn't exactly proper for this board, and the people who may have one to sell would be over there.

9. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

2002 iMac, which one was that, the lamp? Yep, that's the one.

Attached Files:

10. tevion5 macrumors 68000

tevion5

My desk :p