Anybody know where I can get this cable I need?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by faux_, Feb 25, 2016.

1. faux_ macrumors newbie

I have a new Macbook Air 13", and I recently bought a Mini display to VGA adapter so I can have dual monitors. I am looking to get triple monitors as soon as I buy a new monitor, I just need to know if I can get a 2x VGA to Mini Display adapter.

I need this exact adapter right here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Displa...448189&sr=1-14&keywords=2+vga+to+mini+display

The only problem is it says it's not compatible with Macbook Air.

Again, I am looking to have a TRIPLE display, non mirrored. Both monitors use VGA.

If you don't know what I mean by triple display with only two monitors, I am still using the Macbook display.

Anybody know where I can get this adapter/know any workarounds to make this work?

Thanks.

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

If the adapter is not compatible, then another (more expensive) solution would be a thunderbolt dock.

3. Windowsrefugee macrumors regular

Yes, the CalDigit Thunderbolt Dock works perfectly for me and gives me extra functionality to add additional back up drives, etc. They are not cheap, but hen you are buying another monitor.

4. faux_ thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. It does look like my only option, and it looks like it's got other uses as well. Thanks.

5. Meister Suspended

Meister

Those docks are very useful. Do some research to get the best one for you.