Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RyanG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
been here since last week. usually some people walk by and throw food like i'm a pigeon. worth it

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
There are no lines anywhere I have looked. I plan on swinging by thursday morning and seeing what it looks like, sticking it out then.

hrv888

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Are you lining up right now?

----------

You've been living outside an Apple Store?

I'm not. Can't get off work on Friday. I would've for the experience even though I pre-ordered online.
So I wanted to be a spectator of people lining up instead.

----------

i do whatever it takes

They should be charging you rent. By sq ft. Lol

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
I'm lined up on the couch waiting for the UPS driver to show up Friday, or maybe earlier if I'm to believe some rumors. :p

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
Local police won't let anyone line up at our apple store until 6 am Friday. They have signs posted at all the entrances to the mall and at the apple store.

So instead everyone is going to fight to get in line at 6 am. Don't ask me how that's better than standing in line.

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
Local police won't let anyone line up at our apple store until 6 am Friday. They have signs posted at all the entrances to the mall and at the apple store.

So instead everyone is going to fight to get in line at 6 am. Don't ask me how that's better than standing in line.

That sounds like it can and probably will get ugly very quickly.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
A) Most Apple stores are located in malls
B) Most malls have security

A+B = Good luck finding a place to camp even on Thursday evening.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA

It doesn't interfere with the other (obviously not enlightened ;) ) Mall patrons who wish to shop during the week without also experiencing the Circus. :)

-Knight-

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Miami, FL

Damn, 200 people will be in their cars scoping out the place and at 5:45am people will start coming out thinking they will just scroll around the entrance slowly then haul ass to be #1 lol.

There's should be someone recording this.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Damn, 200 people will be in their cars scoping out the place and at 5:45am people will start coming out thinking they will just scroll around the entrance slowly then haul ass to be #1 lol.

There's should be someone recording this.

It'll look like the zombie apocalypse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.