Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
That sounds like it can and probably will get ugly very quickly.

No kidding,I contact the Local PD and they said its coming from the Mall itself. Apple hired 6 PD officers to help with crowd control.

----------

Damn, 200 people will be in their cars scoping out the place and at 5:45am people will start coming out thinking they will just scroll around the entrance slowly then haul ass to be #1 lol.

There's should be someone recording this.

Its going to be nuts that is for SURE! Why I don't see why they dont let everyone just stand outside nice and organized like they have done in the years past is beyond me.

mileycyrus

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
If you pre-ordered, do you still need to get there at 5am? Or will you be able to show up at 9am and get one within an hour?

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Personally, been lined up since the 5s was released in anticipation for Friday....I'm dedicated like that.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
No kidding,I contact the Local PD and they said its coming from the Mall itself. Apple hired 6 PD officers to help with crowd control.

----------

Its going to be nuts that is for SURE! Why I don't see why they dont let everyone just stand outside nice and organized like they have done in the years past is beyond me.

That's time for which the mall will need to pay for security personnel. They'd rather save the money and make you come a couple of hours before they open.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
:eek: Thursday??!! I'm doing the line but it's going down Friday morning.

Last year's experience proved that Friday morning was not enough. I get there around 3am and didn't get a phone... that said they only had 5 lol. So... /shrug.

Don't want to miss out this year. This is the most excited I have truly been for an iPhone launch, maybe ever, but definitely since the 4.

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
What about Apple building an Apple Hotel near the top stores like 5th Avenue.

That way you could enjoy your stay while you wait in line ( by order of rooms ) for your new iphone

KittyToy

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
Davenport
I saw some tools posted up a best buy earlier.

----------

If you pre-ordered, do you still need to get there at 5am? Or will you be able to show up at 9am and get one within an hour?

Wait for your email to let you know phone is available for pickup. Otherwise if you show up they might turn u away. Seen it happened to many before while I was waiting. Went something like this
"I'm here to pick up my preorder"
Rep: "did u get an email saying it was ready"
U: no
Rep: "well go home until you get that email"
U: sad #
People in line # at your expense
Lol

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Feel like I missed a trick not opening a "Woz fancy dress" shop. I'd have made a fortune from people hiring outfits and marching to the front of the line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.