Anybody make a matte screen film for the iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mafpolo, Jan 22, 2012.

1. mafpolo macrumors member

I need a non glare screen if I buy an iMac. I use it to edit photography. I am using a Power Mac tower with a 27" Mac Cinema display.

The Power Mac is finally starting to give problems (maybe coincidence, but serious trouble began after new iTunes upgrade).

Also, I can no longer upgrade Photoshop, etc., because I don't have an intel chip.

But I need a non glare screen. If only Mac offerred a 27 inch iMac with a non glare screen option...life would be grand

2. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

I don't trust the films, but the iMac runs fine with a second (or even a third) monitor attached.

3. marsmissions macrumors 6502

marsmissions

Why don't you hook your cinema display up to a mac mini? It will be cheaper to upgrade in the future and it already offers what you need.

Why not use a perfectly good display?

4. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

Yeah, i don't think there is one. What you want is an Anti-glare protector. there is one for the iMac 21.5 and 20 inch and 24, but i don't know about the 27 inch. Your gonna have to do some deep research. Try eBay, i saw a crystal lcd protector which is just basically a protector without the added anti-glare benefits, that tells me that there might be a anti glare (maybe) somewhere on the site.

5. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

I tried both brands on my MBP 13 and was disappointed. Both were very difficult to install and the radtech had a bad orange peel result. The photodon I never could get on without issue and ended up damaging it trying to get out the bubbles. I like the moshi ivisor better, but they don't make them for the iMac.