Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Anybody just use a sleeve to put it in and out of? I'm tempted to try this route out. Love the feel of the phone without a case and can't get on with certain cases

Reactions: IphoneIssues

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
There is no grip on the phone and it's way too slippery to use without a case. The fact that it is so thin doesn't help either. I actually see quite a few people with a 6/6S/6Plus/6S Plus without a case and I just cringe. There is no way I would use one without a case.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
There is no grip on the phone and it's way too slippery to use without a case. The fact that it is so thin doesn't help either. I actually see quite a few people with a 6/6S/6Plus/6S Plus without a case and I just cringe. There is no way I would use one without a case.
That's the same reason that's seemed to be used for a lot of different iPhones. It may even be true. But I don't believe that if Apple ever makes an iPhone that does not get damaged when you drop it, that those who use cases won't come up with another reason to continue using them.

Cases are polarizing issues around here.

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
I haven't used a case since the bumper on my 4s. Cases aren't for me as id rather enjoy the design that millions of dollars went into making rather than one that a case company crapped out in an afternoon. To each their own, but I haven't broken an iPhone ever so I'll continue going caseless
*knock on wood*

Reactions: eyoungren

darkinners

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2013
My iPhone 6 is the first ever phone I had to use case.

I dont like cases but iPhone 6 just too slippery and that camera just annoying without a case.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
That's the same reason that's seemed to be used for a lot of different iPhones. It may even be true. But I don't believe that if Apple ever makes an iPhone that does not get damaged when you drop it, that those who use cases won't come up with another reason to continue using them.

Cases are polarizing issues around here.

If Apple ever managed to make a phone that didn't get broken or damaged when dropped or scratched when placed on a hard surface then I certainly would not be using a case. I don't like using a case but do so out of necessity. For those out there who refuse to use a case because they believe the phone should be used without one for what ever reason then more power to them.

I certainly won't be sympathising with them when they do eventually drop their phone or get it scratched. I use a clear minimalist case which takes away as little as possible from the phone. I certainly wouldn't be using the leather and silicone cases that a lot of people use that hide the back and in some cases the front of the phone.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
If Apple ever managed to make a phone that didn't get broken or damaged when dropped or scratched when placed on a hard surface then I certainly would not be using a case. I don't like using a case but do so out of necessity. For those out there who refuse to use a case because they believe the phone should be used without one for what ever reason then more power to them.

I certainly won't be sympathising with them when they do eventually drop their phone or get it scratched. I use a clear minimalist case which takes away as little as possible from the phone. I certainly wouldn't be using the leather and silicone cases that a lot of people use that hide the back and in some cases the front of the phone.
My wife has a Moshi iGlaze Lux case. Basically, just an aluminum frame around her phone.

I don't use cases, but I've dropped my iPhone 5 a few times (a few scratches and dings, but the screen is fine) and for the first time ever I cracked my iPhone 6+ screen when I dropped it the first and only time.

I'm on the 6s+ now. The irony is that my wife has only dropped an iPhone once and that only happened a few months after her iPhone 5 was upgraded to a 6. Only one little ding in the corner on her 5.

I'll still be going caseless.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
I went caseless with my iPhone 5 for 3 years. Dropped it a couple times but nothing major.

With my 6S I was going to rock it naked but with the apple leather case it just feels complete.

I found with the design of the 5 a lot of cases added way too much bulk.

qap

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2011
Italy
There are some 0,35mm covers that feel like you don't have nothing but provide a minimal protection, Google for 0.35mm iPhone cover ;)

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2010
Way too paranoid for that. My phone has a case with rubber (for shock) and stuff.

14r3ua.jpg

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire

What's your favorite clear case? Is it one that doesn't yellow?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.