Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paulshaqz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
i was just curious if any one jailbreaked, there iPad and noticed the wifi logo gone missing?

i've had it gone missing twice untill i restored it twice.

FastangV6

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
I am seeing the same or a similar issue with my iPad wifi. There are three random scenarios that I am experiencing related to wifi after the jailbreak and each appears to happen at random after a reboot or respring:

1) works like normal
2) wifi works perfectly, but the logo is absent from the status bar
3) wifi does not work until it is toggled off and then on again in settings

I was not seeing this issue pre-JB and usually another respring or reboot fixes it. So far, it isn't annoying enough for me to bother with a restore as I rarely reboot/respring during normal use.

EDIT: Looks like Apple has acknowledged the problem and will address it in a future software update for the iPad.
https://www.macrumors.com/2010/05/11/ipad-wi-fi-issues-to-be-addressed-in-software-update/

huskerchad

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
I noticed the status bar icon missing as well--no problems with WiFi, just no indicator in the usual place. Also did not show the VPN icon when connected.

A respring didn't bring it back, but using SBSettings to toggle numeric WiFi meter on and back off brought back the standard meter (and VPN indicator).

cryan738

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2010
wifi icon missing...reset settings

i was just curious if any one jailbreaked, there iPad and noticed the wifi logo gone missing?

i've had it gone missing twice untill i restored it twice.

No need to restore. Just reset network settings..

Settings, General, Reset, reset network settings....
This will take a few minutes as the network settings are cleared, the apple comes up on the screen, and you have to wait for it to reboot. then you'll have to input the password for your default network.

Works. Drove me nuts 'til I found the answer. Restore does this same thing, only just resetting the network settings is much faster/easier.

Jinkst

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2008
Sydney, AUS
Yeah mine comes and goes but to be honest it doesn't really make too much of a difference for me. If it ever ends up actually affecting anything I'll restore the settings. In the meantime, oh well :)

Gradenko

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2010
Strangely resetting network settings didn't change anything for me, but turning the iPad on and off returned the wi-fi indicator. I too have OpenSSH installed. Just SSH'd in an out then and nothing changed. I wonder what triggers it.

REBELinBLUE

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2007
London, UK
I've tried rebooting, respringing, resetting the network settings and changing the wifi icon to numeric in sbsettings and nothing works.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks

bwfc0907

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
Bolton, UK
I'm having the problems as you have described. Did you notice if it was the same before jailbreak or only after.
I've restored mine to test.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.