Anybody order from an AT&T store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mjmar, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I was expecting to walk out with a 3GS, but they told me that the phones are ordered when they are bought instead of having a stock of them. So I ordered mine and they said I'd get an email when it came to the store. It's been quite awhile now, and still no email. Has anybody else done this? If so, how long did it take to arrive at your store?

2. seand1111 macrumors regular

That is the same thing ATT told my co-worker yesterday when we went there to get one. We went to the Apple store just down the street and got his 3GS there...

3. Mjmar thread starter macrumors 65816

Yep the Apple Store that is in the same mall as the AT&T store that I went to had stock of the phone, but I was doing an upgrade swap so I figured it may be better to go to AT&T.

4. iRich1G macrumors member

I went into my local AT&T store on Tuesday June 30 and did a direct fufillment order. On July 7, I received an email that it had arrived in store. My friend works at the store and told me that people who had ordered the black 3GS after I had ordered mine came in sooner. I ordered the white 16GB 3GS. Keep checking your order status online and eventually there will be a fed ex tracking #, although it still might not say shipped. Also check your info on the card you used, as it won't be charged until iPhone ships.

5. fullfrontal macrumors newbie

I went into a local store on 4th of July (Saturday) and ordered a Black 32gb. The worker said it would take up to 14 days but it would probably arrive sooner. I picked it up on Tuesday! (July 7th) I was probably lucky though.

6. frunze macrumors member

I also did a direct fulfillment at the AT&T store a week before launch. The phone arrived the day before the launch, and I picked it up on the launch day. Take the receipt they gave you, there will be a website on it to go check status. You type in your info, and it will tell you if the phone shipped, even though you may not get the email, like someone said before me. I never got the email that it shipped, but I did get the email when it arrived, the same joyous minute, I am sure.

7. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

We ordered two weeks before launch and received in the mail the day after launch. Activated from home. No muss no fuss, why do folks still go to stores?

8. 184550 Guest

I had (almost) the same experience as the OP. I went to the local ATT store on a Thursday and found out that they don't stock iPhones and had to order one. I ordered and paid for my mine that day and by that same night had a confirmation email for my order and on Friday morning recieved a tracking number. The phone made it to the ATT store on Monday morning and I picked it up the same day.

I live in NC, just outside of Charlotte and the phone shipped from Fort Worth, Texas over the 4th of July weekend and for those who are interested I got a 32 gb black. My brother ordered the same day as me and his order shipped a day later. The ATT people indicated that the 32gb ship faster as the 16gb are more popular (as my brother got a 16gb black).

9. astonecold83 macrumors member

OP......Check out the AT&T order status website.

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/order_status

The reason why I am telling you this is.......I had to order my 3G last year through the local AT&T store as well. I was able to track down my package using the website and I actually knew it was in the store waiting for me before someone from the store called me. I actually appeared in the store and told them that my phone had arrived and the representative went to check and then told me that it just had arrived in the morning.

Try it....hope you get it soon:D

PS...I wonder why it take so long to get your phone through the store.....I ordered my 3GS on the phone via premier support on 6/23 and got my phone delivered on 6/25..I was impressed that it came so soon but should not be any different when u get it delivered to an AT&T store :rolleyes: