Anybody ordered an iphone online from ATT?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PDE, Apr 27, 2008.

1. PDE macrumors 68020

A friend asked me to bring an iphone back to Europe for him, but all the NYC Apple Stores are sold out of the 16gb version. I went to ATT online and they have them apparently - anything I should know about getting from them in terms of activation, unlocking? Are there any additional restraints that they enforce somehow, or is it exactly the same as buying from the Apple Store (minus the service...)?

Thanks...

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

its just like buying from the apple store or att store or apple website

tax here is $40 at a store and online for me its only $30, so i save $10 :D

3. PDE thread starter macrumors 68020

4. PDE thread starter macrumors 68020

Great. I ordered yesterday morning, 2nd day fedex. Today I tried to check online if the order had been processed or shipped, but just got error messages. I called and the CS person couldn't locate the order even though I have an order number, but was going to call back Friday (which is too late for me since I'm leaving the following day). He agreed to call back tomorrow instead, but I doubt they'll get this thing out by then. Total BS. Amazon.com can ship pretty much any item the same day up till late afternoon orders and have it to me the following day, yet ATT and Apple are crazily slow to get things out and ATT can't even locate the damn order. Just poor!

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Relax. AT&T is bad at tracking their orders, but they are quick. Once your iPhone ships, you will get an email with a tracking number (most likely to DHL). Ordered my phone Sunday, shipped Monday, got it Wednesday.

6. PDE thread starter macrumors 68020

I'm glad to hear that. I wouldn't normally care so much, but the combination of hating the company, needing the phone before my trip on Saturday and talking to a CS guy who couldn't locate my order with my order number made me drop my expectations.

I hope you're right.....

thanks for your encouraging experience.

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Trust me i am right :) I just went through this last week.

8. PDE thread starter macrumors 68020

You were right! It arrived today. Unfortunately, I had to leave earlier than anticipated so I missed it anyway. Good lesson for me not to get worked up about something like this.

Thanks anyway....