Anybody paranoid about iPhone 6 thinking its bent?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by laney1999, May 24, 2015.

1. laney1999 macrumors newbie

Anybody else paranoid their iPhone 6 is bent and wants to get a second opinion, upload your iPhone pics!

2. Phone Junky macrumors 6502a

Pretty easy to lay a straight edge on it or simply lay it down in something flat. Not rocket science and doesn't really need a second opinion.

3. Ev0d3vil macrumors 6502

It's just a phone, Why get so worked up and paranoid over a device that's supposed to work for you?

4. albertfallickwa macrumors 6502a

albertfallickwa

It's just a phone... enjoy using it and don't fret man?

seriously, most of the time it will be flat. :p

5. FieldingMellish Suspended

Posting photos of a phone you think might be bent? Mighty strange premise for a thread.

6. whatos macrumors 6502a

Once the 6 Plus vulnerability to bending was identified I simply made a mental note that it's as fragile as it looks. Which in retrospect is no surprise. It's not advertised as a particularly durable phone, therefore it goes without saying handling this slippery thin model will help avoid it's demise. Every product has its weak spots, at least we've been warned.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Enjoy your phone and don't sweat about it bending.

8. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

I think the reason my phone is bent is because when the phone gets hot the metal softens, and while in my pocket, it just bends like that

9. albertfallickwa macrumors 6502a

albertfallickwa

The way you describe a melting iPhone makes me think of the concluding sense in Boogie Nights.

Umm... no don't wanna know where you found that iPhone eh?

10. laney1999 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think some people are confused, as the thread was meant for people who want a second opinion my phone is not bent trust me I'd be at the apple store if it was #

11. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I don't even think about it let alone worry. I think there are more important things to worry about in life than whether a mobile phone is bent or not to be frank.

If anybody is paranoid, place the edge of the device on a flat surface to get your answer then consult your GP. :)

12. AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502

I check mine from time to time. Just the other day I said "oh no! It bent!" And my wife reminded me of that god forsaken protruding camera.

I wouldn't really care if it bent, so long as it's working the same. But when I change the case or the like, I do look.

13. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Agreed. It works.. I don't really care if it's bent, as long as it works as intended. It's just a phone.

14. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You realize that the temperature at which aluminum "softens" would burn the hell out of you, right? It's about 750F.

15. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

If you can't tell if your phone is bent, just assume that it's not and be happy. In other words, if you have to ask, it's fine.

16. ChinaRye macrumors 6502

ChinaRye

The whole "bendgate" fiasco has all but faded from my memory. It doesn't cross my mind at all and I am no more paranoid about bending than previous iPhones.

17. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I check my 6+ occasionally out of interest but it's still perfectly straight since October.

18. imanidiot Suspended

This thread has no reason to live. Really.

19. tomwvr macrumors regular

tomwvr

you are 100% correct - anyone starting a thread like this is either very very paranoid or not an iPhone user and just trying to stir up stuff

20. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like if someone wanted a second opinion from the users here they would start a thread themselves, right?
    And there's that too.

21. darngooddesign macrumors G3

When you upload, don't use too much JPG compression as it can bend the phone in the photo.

22. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I haven't thought about my iPhone 6 Plus bending in months. Only when it's brought up here.

Also: Nope, launch day iPhone 6+ still not bent.

23. bobob macrumors 68030

bobob

It's (almost) funny in retrospect to remember that it was MacRumors that was one of the leading instigators of the false bending rumor with their promotion of forum member hanzoh's story to the front page. Strangely, hanzoh never updated his story and has in fact only posted once since.

24. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Still see no reason to wake this thread back up!o_O

25. bobob macrumors 68030

bobob

It's two weeks old, not two years - - I am a longtime forum member in good standing and my post is relevant to the topic.

The bigger question is why you feel you need to police this thread?