Anybody pre-ordering through Best Buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gabo864, Sep 10, 2014.

1. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Hey everyone,

What do you all think about pre-ordering through Best Buy? has anybody had any good experience with Best Buy?

2. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Last couple of launches Best Buy lagged behind quite a bit. I'd be careful unless you're okay with the prospect of not getting your phone till a couple of weeks or even a month/months later, because it might happen.

3. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65832

JayIsAwesome

Just working there for the Galaxy S5 launch, the preorder process went pretty well. Customers were able to come in on launch day and pick up their phones. My boss actually told me today that we were doing pre orders on Friday. Gonna talk with him tomorrow to get more info as far as how much you gotta put down for the 6/6+ and if you can buy it full retail and all that jazz

4. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

Hey tech,

You pre-ordering or are you sticking with your s5? Just curious.

5. ceaguila macrumors member

I'm very interested in this since I want to do early upgrade and will have to pay full retail ( with the $200 discount of course)

6. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65832

JayIsAwesome

It just depends on which store you go to. Some stores have their ***** in order and preorder and actual launch day goes smoothly. Other stores? Not so much lol. Had one store in my city where the 5S launch was a complete disaster

----------

Cool, I'll let you guys know what I find out tho. If you have an early upgrade available with AT&T then you'll pay the upgrade price + an early upgrade fee (which is like 200 bucks) If you don't have an actual upgrade available then of course you buy the phone full price. You could always put it on a best buy card too, if you're into that kinda thing. It's 0 interest...as long as you pay your stuff off in time lol

7. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

For now, sticking with S5. I want to actually touch the 6/6+ first, and I will be driving iOS8 on my 5S for about a month.

Then I'll make a decision.

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Too many bad stories that I'd prefer to buy from Apple or carrier first.

9. tkeopadubsy macrumors newbie

Sounds cool. Please share any info. I never preordered from bestbuy in store or online but would like to do so this year. Hopefully, I can thru online. Otherwise, it'll be thru apple.

10. TahoeDust macrumors 6502

As far as I am concerned, Best Buy pre-ored; Like the holocaust....never again.