Anybody received their foof yet?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bengt77, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Hi,

As more of you have done, I ordered a new aluminium MacBook on launch day. As I didn't want it to scratch, I started a search for the perfect sleeve for when bringing it with me. I searched, and found foof[/i]. I really, really started to fall in love with the Origami Kuro foofbag, and finally ordered it on Wednesday, October 22nd. On the 24th, I got a confirmation e-mail from them, letting me know that my foofbag had been dispatched from Australia.

Well... I'm still waiting. I know it's only been 13 days since I got that e-mail, but I'm getting impatient. Has anyone else's foofbag arrived yet? Ordered around the same time I ordered mine? On their website, foof says to wait about 30-ish business days before starting to worry, and then to first contact my national postal service.

Should I just wait, or should I contact them? It's also frustrating that they ship the foofbags using regular mail, meaning you can't track the shipment. My MacBook arrived last week, and I really want to take it with me, but I'm hesitant as it could get scratched easily without a protective sleeve. What do you guys think?!...

2. jaredtomas macrumors regular

jaredtomas

I'm assuming you're in the US, and any mail between the US and Australia takes an awful long time. I ordered a shirt on the internet recently and got it 6 weeks later. So really, 13 days is about the norm. I'd wait maybe a week before I start getting angry.

It does say on foof's website that international mail can take anywhere up to 30 days (it can and does take longer, though).

3. Bengt77 thread starter macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Okay, thanks. I'm in Europe, though. But shipping to here probably won't be any faster than shipping to the US. Well, here's to waiting some more... :(